CO2 What can it do for you?

Well the first try on that homemade thing kind of left me alittle disapionted. Well, pratice makes perfect. I ended up making two, out of plastic milk jugs and I think I got it down where it does produce enough to do some good. Least my little test cup says so. It took 4 yeast packages, and 2 lbs of sugar to make a go of it. I have a pretty small grow box like 2 1/2x2 1/2 bye 4 foot tall. I have a 250 wat hps going in it, over 3 lovely little ladies that are in their like 4th week of flower. well good luck to yall and stay down, Wood

I'm also tryin the ghetto method. i have 1 cup sugar and one packet of yeast in a milk jug with .5 gal of warm water i didnt have a tube so i just left the cap open and put it as close as i could to my baby,i.e. right under it. The guy on youtube ran the tube into a cup of water and put that under the plant. whats the water for? how much co2 does this amitt?

mmaman, I think your abit lite on the sugar and yeast to do anything. I ended up kind of disapointed with the whole thing it doesn't seem to make enough to do any good. I don't know. It was just a thought. One thing if it is doing any good, it needs to be above your plants anyways. It's heavier than air so it sinks. You never know till you try it. Well stay down, Wood

Yea i didnt think it was doin much so i trippled everything and i still dont think it matters oh well i'm gunna try those co2 tabs

I hear that. Well it was a passing thought. I tried with acouple jugs, it does work, just not enough. Yall test failed. Never know till ya try. Guess before I go into the box, I'll have to break down and get the tanks out of storage. My Bad. Stay Down Wood

In what phase does yours last 3 weeks? i am in flwrng and using 1 tank a week in a 9x10. so i am wondering if I am just spewing co2 frivously. I used the calculations from the instructions of the hydrofarm regulator. 15 min on 15 min off thru the light cycle. how are you using it.?
Thanks

are you fans off while your pumping your Co2? Just a thought,,,hope it helps.
PEACE.....:hippy:........:grinjoint:

You guys are seeing why I stopped using co2. I was going through a 5# tank every 5 to 6 days. Thge welding shops were noticing my frequent fills as well and asking questions. The results are great if "EVERYTHING" else is dialed in 100%. If everything else isn't perfect then your wasting time and money. It would be like handing a single crutch to a 2 legged amputee. All he will do is go in circles.lol IMO everyone whho thinks co2 is the holy grail should use that money to perfect what they already have.

You guys are seeing why I stopped using co2. I was going through a 5# tank every 5 to 6 days. Thge welding shops were noticing my frequent fills as well and asking questions. The results are great if "EVERYTHING" else is dialed in 100%. If everything else isn't perfect then your wasting time and money. It would be like handing a single crutch to a 2 legged amputee. All he will do is go in circles.lol IMO everyone whho thinks co2 is the holy grail should use that money to perfect what they already have.

^ Agree. I do not use CO2 and still get great results. Once I feel I have topped out on my grow rooms potential.

Yeah, norcaliwood; I use that system and think it does just fine. I joined two bottles with some thin air line and s 't' junction to serve three plants. if you needed more co2 then there's no limit to the number of bottles you can connect. A fresh mix usually lasts me about a week, so only need to change once a week. Plus, it costs virtually nothing to run; a kilo of sugar and a couple of sachets of bakers yeast every week (plus a small pinch of bicarbonate soda) might add up to about 1.5 GBP, 1.5 Euro, 2 USD:rollit:

those suar/yeast combos are fermentation you can et wine and beer makin kits tat do the same for the room they are in those S shape tops and corks are vapor locks they allow excess gas/co2 to exit but block room air from entering the container the hose in a jar of water does the same thing

Roots DO ABSORB co2 through the roots [amer jrnl botany 1948 v33//plant physiology 1957 v32//physiology of plants 1954 v97] You hydro folks could add tubing and an airstone to deliver co2 directly to your hydro solution just like you add O2
soil folks could do the same with tubing buried in the dirt with a bunch of small holes in it to seep into the dirt

sealing a room shouldn't be as much of a limiting factor if your media allows good micro fine root development to get real good
nutrient and gaseous uptake absorbsion rates

pompous sounding isn't it but that the kind of language those journal acticles i could find and read at a local jniv. library
went

bottom line fermentation systems [yeast/sugar/wine/beerkit] do add co2 they need to keep room air out of fermentation bottle and direct co2 to best usable location with tubing hose etc

thats why those DIY co2 generators drill out a cap like 2 liter soda and glue/RTV tubing to run through it putting that tubing from the bottle to an airstone in your media will boost your growth rate and not use any power if you let natural overpressure from fermenting push co2 byproduct into your media

bottom line is co2 works and you can put it in your growth media and not have sealing issues if you air flow rate is slow enough
to allow additional foliar intake from the air [ you get a lower CFM exhaust fan and check co2 levels and/or get intermittent short cycle timer [ mine gives 60 30 sec. pops per half hour
TORK or TORX i think] [grainger has em ] my small veg cab has 5 -1 minute cycles over each half hour for the fan constant fan seems to dry out plants faster

simplest co2 system with least fuss i know is a wine or beer kit with vaporlock - some tubing -- an airstone and silicone glue calk to seal where tubing joins vaporlock

you follow the kit instructions till you put the vaporlock on the full jug then push the tubing into or over the end of the vaporlock and seal with glue/rtv put air stone on other end of tubing and put it in your media

When water, fruit & sugar and a pinch of yeast are used, as in making homemade wine, the gases it produces during fermentation is co2. I've seen people use those plastic gasoline containers with the spouts and attach rubber hoses to catch and distribute the gases to the plants. In general the fermentation process is over in three days but by adding additional sugar every 48 hours you extended the fermentation process thus co2 production. I think after everything is said and done it might just be easier to invest in a tank and regulator. They are always on craigslist for a decent price just be sure to test the regulator Before you buy. Happy growing. Peace

Back
Top Bottom