Coco DTW alternative?

Jjlow

They keep clamping down on our water use here in SOCAL. We have been using RO DTW in coco for years with best success, but as you all know RO DTW is very wasteful of water. Has anyone had comparable success with coco recirc? I’m trying to plan ahead as I hear some stronger water regs are headed our way.
What would be the lowest h2o requirements for comparable yields to DTW ? Soil? I really don’t want to deal with chillers. Blah.. lol
Thx

I'm using Blumats with 6 plants in 2 gal smart pots with zero DTW, and I go through about a quart a day so far, but I am expecting that to increase when they are in flower.

I am in same situation, coastal So Cal, just completed first grow in September. Coco dtw, RO water, 4 plants 3 x 3 tent. I was using around 24 gallons of nutes per week during flower. All waste from my RO filter is saved in a barrel and I use it for laundry. So around 100 gallons per month for grow. I have been looking into Living organic soil for next grow, less water and no more synthetic nutes. I have been looking into Clackamas Coots method. If you get the soil right you can just water for entire grow (run off not necessary), you can also water with teas.

Back
Top Bottom