Coco vs Soil

you know DBM!!

I am glad you asked this question, I have been thinking about going to coco as well!!! but they don't sell it at HDepot!!! so I didn't get any, instead I went back to my soil mixture for the indoors!!! none of that FF Happy Frog for me ever again under CFL!!! it just refuses to dry out under those lights!!! but I make a 25% perlite 74% soil (non-nutriented!!) and 1% seedling!!! LOL and it already aired out in 1 day!!! thats what i'm talking about!!!

:peacetwo:

Hey Aston..

What it be like my friend?
I haven't heard from you in awhile. I figured you were off toking on some of that good stuff from your harvest... :blunt:

In any case, it's great to hear from you.

I never grew with coco before so I thought I would try to capture others experiences with it. Goose educated me on air pots and am going to try them out for next year. The coco wouldn't be good to use with airpots, but I will probably do a 50/50 setup. Half with airpots and half with coco and see the difference.

So are you finished with your grow Aston or are you still going?

DBM!!!
man I am still working on that special indoor grow that I had started! it has now gone outdoors, they are doing a lot better there!!! I also have now 2 seeds going indoors in place of them, so now they can show BPN from seed grow!!! the link is in the sig, I was wondering why you haven't been on my journals yet!!! but you didn't answer my question... did you harvest the ladies yet???

BPN special clones

New seed grow

here are my 2 links that I have going now!!! hope to see you drop in there brotha!!!

DBM!!!
man I am still working on that special indoor grow that I had started! it has now gone outdoors, they are doing a lot better there!!! I also have now 2 seeds going indoors in place of them, so now they can show BPN from seed grow!!! the link is in the sig, I was wondering why you haven't been on my journals yet!!! but you didn't answer my question... did you harvest the ladies yet???

BPN special clones

New seed grow

here are my 2 links that I have going now!!! hope to see you drop in there brotha!!!

Sorry for dissapearing. I was wondering how your grow was doing. I parted ways from your journal awhile back since your main outdoor was finished and you were having some problems with your indoor. At that time I was so swamped with my harvest stuff. I harvested a couple weeks ago. A big storm was heading in and thought it was the best time to perform the honors. Man that was so much work! Since my plants suffered from the catepillar attacks, I had to go through each bud cluster and break up the big buds to make sure there were no pillars still lurking around... I spent like 3 days strait manicuring and stuff. I ended up drying the old school way by using good ole brown paper bags :).. Worked great though since the big buds were broken down into budlets. I'm now a week into curing and am sure happy that is done.

Glad to hear your ladies are doing better outdoors. Hope your seed grow does better for you indoors.

I will try to make it over to check out your new journals...

im new to this and have just ordered
1 X CANNA COCO PROFESSIONAL 5OL SACK

1 X CANNA COCO A 1L PLANT FEED

1 X CANNA COCO B 1L PLANT FEED(YOU USE THIS FEED ON YOUR PLANTS START TO FINSH)

1 X CANNA PK 13-14 250MLS(THE PLANT BOOSTER USE JUST BEFORE YOU CROP)

1 X SUPER THRIVE .5 OZ( GIVES YOUR PLANTS A UP THE ARSE WHEN YOU WANT TOO)
after doin a b it of research i have now found out that that using these nutes may end up in a nitrogen def. i would be most grateful if anyone could give me some info on the stuff that i have purchased
along with this lot ive got a 120 grow tent and 600 watt bulb with some clay pebbles to go in bottom of pots as i have read that the bottom of the pots can get water logged.
any info on the nutes would once again be appreciated

Hey whats up fellas? This is my 1st post so I'm gonna use it well. I got hurt on the job and went out on workers comp and decided to get my prop 215 med card and next thing I know I'm growing a dozen plants lol. Well I am ,a newb grower, and I'm growing some indoor in a 5x5 tent. I wanna start my next cycle with something else so I bought Cocogro and transplanted 10 OG Kush babies from plastic cups. So far everything is fine but I dont know what nutes to use, or use throughout the cycle. Any Ideas????? Anyone know any good mixes?

FYI It took me a almost 2 days to find a Cocogro thread haha. Nobody will help me for some reason...

Hey Zokkufu,
Welcome to 420magazine.. You will find a lot of great information here.
As for nutes, I am no expert, but you first have to decide what type of nutes you are looking for. You can go with either organic or non organic. If you go organic you can find simple kits from Fox Farms and several others. They lay out the feeding plan for you and provide you with the (3) basic levels of feeding. Here is an example...
Start with Grow Big Hydro for abundant green growth.
Switch to Tiger Bloom at the first sign of bud set or flowering.
Use Big Bloom throughout all growing cycles to heal root systems and increase nutrient cycling.

If you go with non organic than you use like a 20-20-20 N-P-K ratio for veg and start feeding 1/4 dose to start. Then you will build up until you are running full dose. You feed like every other watering or you can stay with a weaker dose and feed every watering. All this is just generic and you have to tailor to the plant and strain you are growing. Each plant and strain react differently. During flower, you can switch to a bloom formula with a higher phosphorous like a 10-30-20. Keep reading my friend, you will find info all over the net on various feeding techniques..
Good luck on your grow.. send pics when done.

Coconut coir as it's called, is quickly becoming the growing medium of choice for professional and commercial growers of all types, and is used world-wide. Scotts blends it into their products, and coir is used extensively by cannabis growers out west. It is completely soil-less; It is pH neutral, sterile and contains no nutrients, allowing one to blend their own preference. Because coconut coir is very fibrous, it allows great oxygen penetration to the roots. It also allows great water retention and release. It's hard to over water. When used with one of those soft-side patio planters -I got mine here - RootEase — Enroot Products LLC - coir works even better. The bags allow 'root air-pruning': As the roots approach the side of the bag, they are exposed to more and more air. Roots do't grow in air, so they stop growing in that direction, and will branch out from further back on the root, creating a very extensive root system and great nutrient uptake. In a plastic bucket or pot, the roots never sense the air, and thus keep on growing longer and longer wrapping around the inside of the pot. Very inefficient nutrient uptake.

Try it. I have great success!

AbbyNormal

Hey Goose, thanks for dropping in. :)

Interesting feedback indeed :hmmmm:
I always thought that "saturation" would not be a problem for coco indoors or out. In fact I figured it had a low absorbtion rate. I know some soils hold water like a sponge. Coco on the other hand I thought water just ran right through it say to speak. I read that for this purpose it was great for drip hydros cause they could just run a continous slow drip.

How is it for tranplanting from coco to coco?
Does it hold together at all like soil. I would think it would just break away
and then you would transplant similar to like I mentioned above for soil to coco.

I would like to try it though as well on my next outdoor grow.
It's only used to push more nutes.

Back
Top Bottom