Colloidal Silver Success! DIY - Female Pollen In 2 Weeks!

juz420

Howdy fellow 420ers

Just thought I'd share my experience with DIY Colloidal Silver and feminized pollen for feminized seeds.

I recently made my own Colloidal Silver generator for less than $25
It Produces 600ml/1 Pint of 50PPM (estimated) Colloidal silver in less than 2 hours. I used 3 x 9v batteries daisy chained to produce 27V, 20cm pure Silver wire (2 x 10cm Electrodes), a glass jar, some electrical tape and wood dowel for the wire support. It is self explanatory from the pictures of how its put together. Just add Distilled water and turn the air pump on and wait.
(It does pay to clean the electrodes with a nylon scourer every 10min or so). I used a TDS meter (it's an in-accurate way of doing it but its worked for me) to measure to 25PPM on the meter which is then multiplied to 2x - 2.5x for Colloidal PPM 25PPM = 50 - 62.5PPM of Colloidal Silver. Strain it through a coffee Filter and store in a dark place (I wrapped a sprayer bottle with foil) and your ready to go!
After spraying a clone (THC Bomb) twice a day for 10 days I got results! no more purchasing Feminised seeds for me!! (unless I want a new Strain)

Cheers Juz42

Ya, that’s looking real good. I am doing the same thing but with a pre-made spray.

I purchase only one fem seed I want the genetics of, crack it, let it go for a bit, take 5 clones (I only get a 6-plant count), let the clones veg, and bloom the one using the spray in a seperate area. I learned that its bad for your health to smoke buds that have been sprayed with CS. I end up spraying jst one node once a day for 2-3 weeks and then I get pollen. I will take the pollen and brush it on the other flowers. Boom. Seeds. Then I get the other 5 plants in veg to stock up my weed supply.

I hope you run a journal with some of your homemade fem seeds. I haven't cracked any of my own yet. Still trying to build my genetics bank.

Awesome stuff.
:goodjob:

Ya, that’s looking real good. I am doing the same thing but with a pre-made spray.

I purchase only one fem seed I want the genetics of, crack it, let it go for a bit, take 5 clones (I only get a 6-plant count), let the clones veg, and bloom the one using the spray in a seperate area. I learned that its bad for your health to smoke buds that have been sprayed with CS. I end up spraying jst one node once a day for 2-3 weeks and then I get pollen. I will take the pollen and brush it on the other flowers. Boom. Seeds. Then I get the other 5 plants in veg to stock up my weed supply.

I hope you run a journal with some of your homemade fem seeds. I haven't cracked any of my own yet. Still trying to build my genetics bank.

Awesome stuff.
:goodjob:

Hi WillGrow510,

Looks like your doing a great job too!, this is my first attempt so I'm pretty happy with the result so far. Overall the plant still looks healthy as well. I will have to separate mine soon as it is in flowering with the other girls. (I take it out to spray so the others don't get spray on them). In reference to smoking the treated plants, we (420er's) had a bit of a healthy discussion here. If I have time I might run a journal so I can help others can preserve their strains. Buying seeds can be a gamble, the savings making your own far outweighs the cost of purchasing. Seedbanks are making a killing with the average seed cost of $10 per seed - one small plant can deliver well over 1,000 seeds. Do the math!! 1,000 x $10 = $10,000. I will be preserving every strain I have over time to get a good bank. Fun times ahead :)

How long does it take yours to produce pollen? also do you preserve your pollen?

Cheers,
Juz420

I am on the same train - growing for seed. Trying to get a lifetime supply of all my favorites while keeping a couple clones to grow so I have some jars to tide me over. I am going to try STS instead of the colloidal silver though.

Back
Top Bottom