Feminized pollen production question

Radagast97

420 Member
I'm trying to produce feminized pollen, using colloidal silver. I apply once a day, just prior to lights out.

What I've noticed, is though I get male flowers, most are sterile (aka without pollen), and it appears the colloidal Ag is rough on the leaves.

Anyone with experience of producing female pollen, have any suggestions, observations, or anything that can help?

Thanks,
Rad

Never had good luck with CS myself, switched to STS and never looked back

Never smoke buds or leaves sprayed with either

Possibly yer stopping spraying too soon
Spray like 4-7 days after ya see balls, that may help to make them fertile

Thanks Chris, I have some STS precursor solutions prepped and ready to go.

I don't stop spraying, perhaps I'm spraying too much.

What's the typical frequency of spraying, that you used?

STS I go every 3rd day, ish

Start two weeks before flip...and usually takes a total of 4+ weeks to see sacks

I haven't had great luck collection of pollen on reversed plants but 100% successful on getting great seeds

I usually only spray like 2 branches in a plant

I have one, well 4, regs going now I'll be cloneing and reversing a female... Probably do the entire plant cuz I want the Fem pollen from these to use to make crosses down the road

I have ran into the same problem's with a CS solution. Works once in a while but not consistently. Lots of male flower but not much pollen.

I might be trying STS when I reverse my next plant. I have lots of CS and Tiresias Mist on hand which makes it tough.

One thing I am trying to improve things is to self only regular strains for a while. I know it isn't supposed to matter. My mentor has selfed female seeds so I know it can be done. I am hoping regular strains might be easier.

For what it is worth here's an interesting thread where the poster has had good success with Colloidal Silver

Got some GA3 (giberrilic acid) coming. Got a cpl bastard veggie plants to Frankenstein up, as well as make seeds from my pest and heat resistant phenos

Back
Top Bottom