Breeding - Each The Same Pheno

Bounce3d

Hi

I have a question rolling around in my head with seeds and breeding

No lets say hypothetically I have to females clones from the same mother

The one, I spray with colloidal silver to produce pollen sacks and the other clone I leave as a female.

Now from what I’ve read the pollen collected from the female forced to produce pollen sacs, if I use that pollen to pollenate another female will give me only feminized seeds, correct?

The question I have is if I use that forced pollen and pollenate the other clone, will the feminized seeds I get be practically a clone from seed? Seeing as the force male and the female are clones from the same mother.

Hi

The one, I spray with colloidal silver to produce pollen sacks and the other clone I leave as a female.

Now from what I’ve read the pollen collected from the female forced to produce pollen sacs, if I use that pollen to pollenate another female will give me only feminized seeds, correct?

The question I have is if I use that forced pollen and pollenate the other clone, will the feminized seeds I get be practically a clone from seed? Seeing as the force male and the female are clones from the same mother.
According to my knowledge I believe you're right that's what I've always heard.

Hi

I think any time you introduce genetics from pollen there is a possibility of variability, so that it wouldn't be quite the same as a clone.

I'm not so sure, any pollinated flower can produce male or female seeds irrespective of the source of the pollen?
Hi Roy

how are feminized seeds produced? sorry im trying my hand at breeding, well playing around mainly.

Yes, pollen from a reversed female will give you feminised seeds.
The plants from those seeds should be really close to the mother plants, but can have some variation depending on how many recessive traits they were carrying but weren't expressed.

Hi Roy

how are feminized seeds produced? sorry im trying my hand at breeding, well playing around mainly.
I'm no breeder - just had to read up on it
I knew it involved spraying plants but I thought it feminized the seeds rather than forcing a female to produce pollen
Turns out you're right so I stand corrected
:Namaste:

if you reverse a branch and use that pollen on the same plant it will give you an S1(Self Pollination 1) if you used that same pollen on the next generation it would be S2 however the further down that road the less genetically diverse they will be.
If you were to use the reversed pollen on a selected plant that is a different cultivar than reversed one it would essentially be a feminized F1 in theory but I can’t say I can recall ever seeing them labeled that way.

All of that being said the reversal process is very important and sometimes it works great and the seed plants are stable and healthy. If the reversal doesn’t work well or there are problems in the process the offspring will be unstable. Or mostly unstable.

An S1 is basically a clone in seed form but it will never be an exact replica, at least I have never seen it. There will be some drift but it will be darn close.

Fem seeds are great for tent growing. I used to only grow them. However I have come to appreciate the diversity in F2. That is where the real magic and most phenotypes are found.

@Slapalottapuss great thanks, yes thats how i understood it too, found this on the net

1692782175997.png

They will be similar but not exact and there will always be some variation, even if it's slight. Breeders would use back crossing to the origional mother to get as close as possible. F1 will be mostly very similar. F2 will produce some recessive genes to show. F3 are Great for breeding.
The further you go the more uniform the expressions will be

Back
Top Bottom