Comparison - How do You mix your nutrient solutions in your grow?

do u combine nutrients and additives in one jug or do u separate each one ?

• Total voters
lol i jumped str8 into ffof .. it wasent bad but i do agree with what your saying . coco would make it easier to learn first .

Re: COMPARISON*** How do YOU mix your nutrient solutions in your grow??

I think the key is to not mix them together full strength. ie don't pour a few teaspoons of each into a cup then dump that into the res.

I either put mine into the res as it's filling, or I will mix them into 5g of RO and then pour that into the res.

wow just read your journal ..love your basement...your a very smart man .. allot of people can envision what they want to do but few can pull the trigger and make it happen... i need to maximize my grow area also i feel like if im going to use a 400w buld and reflector i should focus on the cost of electricity compared to the yield i get .. i have a few t-5s and t-8s but i have never used them because i dont want the yield to suffer ... sorry to hear about your father...

thank you and thank you :Namaste:

Exciting things happening in the basement. :morenutes:

found this today

Nice vid. I think I've seen it, but it's good to get a refresher :thumb:

I happen to use the GH line too. :) The one detail I was missing was that he said to put the Micro into the whole amount of water. I've been putting everything into 5g of water, then pouring that bucket into the 50g barrel. hmmm

I'm going to email them and ask about it directly. I've asked GH questions in the past and gotten good responses. I'll let you know what they say.

Nice vid. I think I've seen it, but it's good to get a refresher :thumb:

I happen to use the GH line too. :) The one detail I was missing was that he said to put the Micro into the whole amount of water. I've been putting everything into 5g of water, then pouring that bucket into the 50g barrel. hmmm

I'm going to email them and ask about it directly. I've asked GH questions in the past and gotten good responses. I'll let you know what they say.

definitely do .. i also use gh flora series .. this grow i just started i will run 2 plants gh nutes and 2 plants ff trio ..

Their response...

Hi,
So this can go two ways...
1st: We recommend that the nutrients not be premixed in concentrated form, because fall out can occur. It is best to mix them one at a time in to the reservoir, mixed in to a solution prior to the next nutrient be added.
2nd: If it isn't broke don't fix it. If you having been using our products for years with success and you don't see fall out. I would keep doing what you are doing. The first step is precautionary of what could occur and is likely to occur, but not what will always occur.

Hope that helps give you a bit of peace of mind.

Nancy Long

GH-Logo-162x40
GENERAL HYDROPONICS

I was watching videos the other day and i saw allot of different way people were mixing there nutes and it made me wonder if i was doing it wrong all this time ... lets get everyone's option on this so we can compare and learn some different routines . almost every one who reads this uses and mixes nutrients and additives so everyone can contribute something .

i mix all of my nutrients and additives together in one pitcher like

i have a two gallon can i take tap water(cold as ive read hot water contains allot of copper in the lines) and let it sit out for 24 hrs then i add my nutrients,cal/mag,molasses,and lets say open sesame and then let it sit with two air stones in the solution for a few hrs and then ph and feed until i get proper run off. is this ok ??

i seen a guy that mixes everything into separate gallon jugs..if the feed chart called for 1\2 tsp of big bloom and 1\2 tsp of tiger bloom he mixes each into a separate jug were i mix mine into the same jug..is this just preference ? or is there a correct and in correct way ?
My method is #3 litres of water in bucket then I add my house and garden a then I top it up with another 3 then I put in the b
after this I stir well put the heat stick in once it’s heated I add my root accelerator stir and leave for ten minutes then I add terpinator to the mix then I stir well leave to heat to 23 degrees and water i repeat the process with the flower room but without root excel only veg room and that’s my method I do this 4 time a day both rooms I try to have everything on point feed times ect.. but yeah ph always 5.8 flower room atm 1200ppm food every feed veg room 1160ppm every feed atm also when I feed I water to around 10% run off leave it for few minutes then soak again till I have atleast 30% run off I’d rather waste the extra 10% food than risk salt build ups

Back
Top Bottom