Containers and concrete?

I'm planning an outdoor grow in a mini-greenhouse. The greenhouse is enclosed and has vents and a zippered door, but there isn't any floor or base to it.

My pots would be sitting on cement and I'm wondering if I should insulate them from the cement with a slab of styrofoam so that root temps would not be affected by the temp of the concrete.

I'm not sure about the thermodynamics of my idea, however. The concrete slab, having huge mass, would radiate and absorb heat much slower than the smaller mass of the pots. Not sure whether this would mean that overall the root temps in the pot would be more stable or less stable or that it would make much difference either way.

Any thoughts?

SS

depending on your temps, the slab of concrete probably wont present much of a problem. ive heard problems with plants in a basement and the roots getting too cold. then again putting insulation wouldnt hurt either. keeping the root temps at a stable temp will provide for a better grow environment.
good luck with the green house, hope you get some big buds

depending on your temps, the slab of concrete probably wont present much of a problem. ive heard problems with plants in a basement and the roots getting too cold. then again putting insulation wouldnt hurt either. keeping the root temps at a stable temp will provide for a better grow environment.
good luck with the green house, hope you get some big buds

Yeah, I don't want to over-analyze the whole thing, but it's probably gonna be a lowryder grow, so root temps can't get too low for too long or it will delay flowering.

thanks for the feedback!

regards,

SS

Back
Top Bottom