Grow room design

What about hardibacker board? Just a thinner version of durrock for the most part, only been a contractor for 5 years, electrician for 1 lol

In my experience, hardibacker is not waterproof, and barely water resistant, unless it is carefully covered with a good quality thinset or membrane system.

backerboard can be like dens shield or like durock. denshield and some backer boards are gypsom covered with fiberglass and epoxy so still when exposed to water will act like crackers in abowl of soup. durock backerboard is concrete fiberglass and polystyrene. thats why its hard to cut neatly without using power tools and definitly a mask and outside as the dust is horrible. hope this helps.:cool:

Thanks brother, I think I like that idea. Wood panel with frp exterior, than figure out how to seal the joints...right on

all you need is joint
;haha; compound to cover wear they butt together. the FRP glue will seal the rest.

I will add my two sence in to this mix, add more than you plan. If it aplies to space, ventilation, electrical outlets, what ever, add more. I can tell you that I had to rebuild my grow area b/c I needed more room. Always think of more.

Back
Top Bottom