Convinced grow journal

DankCloset

ok yesterday, i was convinced by U to start a grow journal, so here it is, ok so whats going on, well in this segment, i skiped the germinating process and this is where iam gonna take off on this journal, these are 2 weeks old(including germinating). one i used as a test plant and germinated it with superthrive(dont do this because i think the plant gets hooked on it):future referance: dont do this. i believe it got dependant on the hormones, because as soon as i cut its ass off, it started to die, so i gave it one more watering with superthrive 4 days later and it pooped out a second node like overnight. so i dunno thats some wierd shit. anyway heres some pics of wat i got goin on.

100_08081.JPG

iam waiting for this one to shoot roots through the grodan. than iam going to stick it in that black pot with poting soil.

100_08071.JPG

^^
ok on this pic, i got 5 like 24watts=100watts cfls. i also got one 42=150watt cfl, there all stuck in the roasting pan. i also have a fan on high runing 24/7, since i cannot cut a whole in the side of my house. the doors on my closet are open 12 hours a day. closed at night and opened at 7am.

Re: convinced grow journal.

What the box shaped thing that you are using that has the strouts in and where can i get them i have Jeffy pellets is that good i have not used them yet.

where can i get them at we have only lowes and walmart here do they have them and is jeffy good too or not

Jiffy Pellets are good for soil, and soiless growing. The trick is to soak them in tepid water for 5 mins, no more no less. Poke a whole for you seed 1/4 to 1/2 inch below surface, and cover it up. If used for cloning, fill the hole you made with rooting compound and pack around the plant tight. If used properly, you can have a higher success rate with Jiffy over rockwool due to PH problems.

hahaha, yeah it works like a charm. not only for cooking! either your talking about seed flats or the grodan, you can go to any major city or online key* dont look for hydroponics store, look for agriculture shop. they will have all the ballast 's, potnets etc. lights, all the good shit, ok well i tore the dieing plant apart, when he said that grodan has problems with ph, thats due to the decomposing grodan cube. i.e root rot. so i tore it apart and threw it in soil, hoping the change in medium will stimulate the plant more? who knows only time will tell. i'll get a pic tommarow. plus threw 5 more seeds into germinating. iam soaking them for 2 days in a covered lil cup of water, than iam going to throw them into a clear tack box(plastic) with paper towel and mist. remember this is just bag seed, iam not comfy with shit bein sent to my house.

lol yes you may get a better seedling out of jiffy pellets. but do u know how f**king hard jiffy pellets are to grow in? yeah they say there for n00bs but shit man, i only recomend em to a new grower when there growing pansies lol.
i think what iam gonna do, now that there old enough to stick under a mh, iamma go to home depot and buy a mh for outdoor, and throw it in my closet with another fan. hey how much do them things run?

Found out some info on Superthrive.The active ingredient is thiamine which is B1 vitamin. Its used for transplnt shock and cut flowers like roses in a vase.

poop, i was sure the stuff was crap, thought i would put it to the test though, dunno why my crazy mom loves it.

yeah but not for what i was using it for lol. iam gonna try using the birth control pill with these 5 in the dish soaking.

iam a dude, the birth control pill, is supposed to give the seeds the female hormones, it was rumored to work, iamma put it too the test, the pills are not mine lol, definatly not.

No man, that is an old tale that has no merit whatsoever. Take 20 seeds put ten in water, put the other ten in water with Birth control, and you will still get a 50/50 mix of males and females. To grow females, their are certain tricks such as temperature and light control during the early stages, but not the pill.

good point, maybe i wont do it, i dont wanna waste five seeds. maybe theres some germinating myths i should try? anyone got any good ones? spit em up. i just put these seeds in the water tonight.

There are specific tricks, but its a matter of comfort for the plant. The easier you make her life, and the less stress she recieves, the greater her chances of being female are. Moisture levels bang on, not to dry not to wet, lights just right, temperature just perfect, below 86 degrees. Watch for purple or darkening stems as this is a sign of stress.

Back
Top Bottom