Cool tube and lumens

clever

I'm running 2- 600 hps cool tubes in a 7x8 flower room, I noticed that at a distance from the tubes the flowers are different. Do I lose lumens because of the tube. I did have to adjust the bulbs in the tubes because of hot spots. In mine the bulbs havve to be really straight, I had bad hot spots until I tried straighting the bulbs

Light source to plant is directly effected by the inverse square law of lighting light depreciates over distance !

Cool tube reflectors are quite crap really sorry to say that... due to poor light foot print & reflector design putting less light down than any other reflectors, in other words their sub optimal for your larger growing area.

sub optimal, the otherside of post ineficient, I'm not sure I understand?

I would guess your grow area is 7 foot by 8 foot as you did not give any real measurement of true size ?

Sub optimal, below average of what it could be, loosing light energy ! - it could be better if a different reflector/hood was used with a greater light foot print for your area e.g a hood/reflector of a square/retangler design.

The cool tubes are not design for a such large area of coverage of light which more than likely only covers half of the total area, hence you have poor peforming plants on the out side edges of your grow area this may be partly due to small reflector design unable to reflect the light to the far sides of grow area & inverse law of light decreasing light qualitie of over all effect over distance to the sides.

At best with a decent qualitie reflector/hood & 600w hps your light foot print will be around 4 foot to 6 foot square area, a 1000w would be abit better by an extra foot or so...

Alternatively double your lighting to 4 X 600win cool tubes, use 2 x1000w in gaint sized hoods or 4 x 400w in choosen hood/reflector. for grow area to increase yield 'n' better qualitie plants

Decent reflector/hood is part of fundemental puzzle of a good grow :thumb:

How about those lumens, people are supposed to respond to visual stimulation more than oral......smarty pants.....looky there.
IMG_004725.JPG

I just got a honey extracttion thing, its great, but tight, you don't end up with much, and it takes a shit load trim, dried to dust. probably 2 ounces to fill it, not packing it in to tight. tell me if I'm wrong I used a 300 ml. 5 time refined butane. is that the correct size. the yields not there but I did'nt know what to expect I thought a morning littile dose would be great, I had alot to do, needless to say. none of them got done.

Back
Top Bottom