New cool tube set up

Acehood

Just set up a new grow room with my new 1000 watt mh cool tube. I am wondering is it normal for the glass on the tube to get hot at all? Bcz its twice i change fans and i still feel it hot to the touch right in the middle of the glass where the bulb is generating the heat.

Attachments

• 20181212_112904.jpg
    20181212_112904.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 120
i run two 600s mate and tje glass does get hot but remember how hot it would have to be to bother glass would never build enough. if you push your fan air through it instead of pulling towards your fan can help with glass heat too. been using tubes for years doing this with no issues at all. as long as your plants below it are not too close and confortable to place your hand under for a few mins at pmant height, then please dont worry. push that heat syraigjt out with your fan and all will be good. good luck

i run two 600s mate and tje glass does get hot but remember how hot it would have to be to bother glass would never build enough. if you push your fan air through it instead of pulling towards your fan can help with glass heat too. been using tubes for years doing this with no issues at all. as long as your plants below it are not too close and confortable to place your hand under for a few mins at pmant height, then please dont worry. push that heat syraigjt out with your fan and all will be good. good luck
Yes, it is pushing through im using a 200cfm attached directly to the cool tube. I guess as long as there not literaly touching it i shouldnt have a problem. Thanks for the tips

Back
Top Bottom