Couple Of Growing questions...

JHead420

Hey What's up smokers! Can anybody help me out with a couple questions here. Here's what I got. I threw some seeds in a plant that I bought to put in my windowsill one day while baked just to see what happens. Plus, to camoflaugh the bed if it grows. Well, a few months later I have a few leafy stems about 4-5 inches high all leaning over and really not enough to pick to smoke (someone called it baby weed) I have just a normal light on above the sink that I've been trying to keep on more to help stimulate growth but I read somewhere that regular light doesn't do much so therefore I just hooked up one of my black lights I use in my bedroom to light up a poster. Do you think that will help grow them stems better and if so how lowng should I use the black light.

Also, I read somewhere that a fan would help. Therefore, I'm thinking about using one of those small desktop type fans and set it on the counter top near the sink and aim it towards my plants....does anyone know if that would help and if so also how long should I run the fan and which setting do you think...low, medium, or high?

Thanks to anyone who helps me out by replying.
:tommy:

Florescents?

Thanks for the reply! Is there a flourescent bulb that I can buy and put in place of my regular light bulb above the sink? The standard lightbulb fixture.

Thanks!
:tommy:

Is a black light considered a flourescent...I have one of those kinds that you hang above black light posters to light them up...would it help grow my plants?

hope this helps!

Light is needed by a plant for using nutrients and manufacturing food. It has a great influence on chlorophyll production, growth rate, leaf size, and flower and seed production. Light will be one of the most important aspects of your grow operation. For the purposes of growing marijuana there are two basic types of lights; Fluorescent's (HID High Intensity Discharge - including MV (mercury vapor), MH (metal halide), and HPS (High Pressure Sodium)

LIGHTING NO-NO'S
Don't burn your plants by getting them to close to the light(s). Fluorescent's do not put out much heat and can be as close as one or two inches. HID lights get much hotter and will need to be farther away. A good test is to put your hand between the light and the plant. If your hand gets too hot for comfort, the light is too close.

There are some common lights that may induce a seed to come up, but are worthless for growing purposes. These lights include; Any incandescent (regular) light bulb, halogen lights, black lights and heat lamps. Don't waste your time trying to grow with these lights, you will only be disappointed.

yea you can get some of those spiral floresent and you want it to be like 2 inches from the plant and black lights are considered flouresents but will not work for growing as they have no light spectrum

Thanks guys....I got a black light 2 inches from the plants just to try to keep what I do have alive until I can can get some extra money to buy some fourescents...lol

how many hours aday are they on?the plant need 18 hours or more for vegging and no more or less than 12 for it to flower(bud)....

go for strip lights bro...like the ones that you see in shops....

I'm having problems with the black light staying on and it looks like I might just smoke the baby weed and start over by getting some soil and filling up a kitty litter box and then some seeds....How deep should the seeds be planted? I have a big Flood light DJ light stand I'm going to see about finding a flourescent to put in it...and aim it towards the plants that sprout and run a fan on them....my question is and much air...meaning should I set the fan on low, medium, or high? If any one can help me with this I apreciate it!

those spiral flourescents will work ok but i think the are around 15 watts usually which will work pretty good as far as the fan low dont let it blow so hard the stem will lean

yeah use floresents BLACK LIGHT WILL NOT WORK for growing nither will incandlesent lights like flood lamp get flouresent or metal hiliade or high pressure sodiem sorry bout the spelling baked.

Back
Top Bottom