Couple Of Questions Near Harvest

startergrow

I'm growing a photo Bruce Banner and a Super Lemon Haze. They've been in a DWC for aobut 10 weeks of flower now, in a SCROG.

The lights are a 400W HPS above the Super Lemon Haze and a Mars Hydro Ts2000 above the Bruce Banner. There's alot of spillover from both on to both plants.

Here's a picture.
bruce_SLH_clean.jpg

They both grew really dense and bushy. Fans kept the air moving so no humidity problems.

So the first question I need help answering (I can never seem to decide myself) is are they ready top cut down?

Here's the Bruce Banner first:
bb02.jpg

bb01_clean.jpg
bb_trich01_clean.jpg

bb_trich02_clean.jpg

bb_trich03_clean.jpg

bb_trich04_clean.jpg

Sage advice is wait til you think they are done then give ‘em another week. Generally speaking when a plant is still popping out fresh light colored pistils - then it’s still growing but obviously in late flower cycle plants don’t grow taller they only grow fatter which is good- am I right? . When the large majority of the pistils turn dark and crinkle up then you are in the harvest window. Doesn’t mean chop right away but scope for more cues

to me the BB looks about done but the SLH needs to ripen more

The webs/ webbing in the last pic doesn't look good- could be the beginning of some type of mold...
Keep your eye on that area, because you do not want to be smoking any mold...

I was suprised too. Looking forward to trying it out. The seeds from a reputable bank but you never know. I don't have the best taste for flavour but I should be able to get at least some "lemon" from it.

It had a lot of light and was foxtailing like crazy at one point until I pulled it back a bit.

I had two (regular) lemon hazes a few months ago but lost them both to pests but was able to get a cutting I took for sexing them across the finish line with like a gram of bud that smelled like fresh lemon peel. Started a new seed a few weeks ago and can't wait to get it into bloom in the near future.
Yes, when starting a new non-feminized seedling, I'll remove the top 6" (once it's like 12-18" tall) and sex it under 12/12 lights in a cup of water. If it's a new strain I'll let it pop roots and finish blooming in a cup of coco to get a little sample of what's to come.
It's a totally adorable little 6" plant with no more than a gram on her

That sounds like a good way to see male or female.

How long does it usually take to figure out the sex once you cut it?

Back
Top Bottom