critical autoflower cfl 125w?

smokeyjay87

hey ..

about to start my first grow just as soon as the seeds come, ive got a 12. x 1.2 x 2 mt tent two 125w cfl bulbs and one light.

really thinking about the 300w dual spectrum.. but moneys tight .

was wondering if i would be able to get away with the 125 w bulbs or there just not going to cut it ?

i really dont know

any advice would be great

thanks ..

Re: critical autoflower cfl 125w ????????

Hello,and welcome to 420 magazine!

You can in theory grow weed with that light. However, not in a tent of that size! I would suggest positioning the lights to one corner and growing just a single plant at one time.

In a tent that size you really need AT-LEAST 400 watt hps, and ideally a 600 watt hps!

Thanks mono .. What do you think about getting the 300w dual spectrum to boost. And I was thinking about puttin them in the corner and boxing it in with a artificial wall to make the grow space smaller ..

Just got a call that my seeds have arrived so will start to germinate them tonight.

As always any tips will be great

Can't wait !!!!

Happy smoking.

You can do it with just the CFLs. Folks do it around here often. The only downside is you will yield less than if you got a 400W HPS. I agree with Mono. Depending on the price of that 300W light you're looking at. You might be able to get a 400, or maybe 600, for not a lot more money, and it will be worth it in the long run.

Think of it this way. Which is cheaper, that 300W dual spectrum AND a 400W HPS, or a 600W HPS? It is a certainty that you will want to add more light to that size tent. As long as you realize you will have to buy another light eventually, and it's a deal, go with the 300W dual.

Good luck. Think about starting a journal too! :Namaste:

hey ...

Thanks for all the input guys :thumb:

i really do like the sound of the hps, but its really not viable at the moment.
Will defo get one when i move though...

so been looking into the cfl lights and im feeling like the best option would be to go for for five of these 30w to go with the big 125w that ive got. will buy some light clamps and spread them around the plants so all the leaves can suck in the light

IMG_065717.JPG
IMG_065814.JPG

as always guys any thoughts would be great :thumb:

got some nice lemon haze and a bit of reading time now ...:love:

happy smoking:goodjob:

How much do 5 of those cost with all the fixtures and such?

How much is a 600W HPS? I'm sure more, but how much?

I've seen it before when a grower does what you're proposing and then regrets it later. You will eventually get a better light. I'd put the money you're gonna spend on CFLs on an HPS, but that's just me. If the CFLs is your only option, I guess that's what you're gonna do :)

You're just gonna have a half empty tent until you can get more light in there.

Back
Top Bottom