Critical Purple Auto-Flower, Growers Choice Seeds

I consider the first day I see pistils as Flower Day (FD) 1. So if Nov. 4th was the first day you saw pistils, then yeah, that would be FD 1. I consider that as guide to go by, but I always check the trichomes to see when the plant is ready. I used that for my NL's and they were right in the flowering window according to what Growers Choice had on their website when I harvested. My Critical Purple though, were a couple of weeks early. Go ahead and bust out the scope & post some pics. We all love pics :yummy:

Got some pics of the trichomes!

Trichomes 12-20-19.jpg

Trichomes 12-20-19 (2).jpg

Trichomes 12-20-19 (3).jpg

Trichomes 12-20-19 (4).jpg

Trichomes 12-20-19 (5).jpg

Trichomes 12-20-19 (6).jpg

Trichomes 12-20-19 (7).jpg

Last month I harvested 2 auto strains from them. Tangerine Dream and Northern Lights. That was my first grow. I love them both! Lol, of course. ;) The TD is great for day use and the NL is great for evening use so it's a great balance to have these strains.

I'm starting a new grow with some additional strains. I started a journal for that grow.

I may have to get the TD next round. Some fat colas ya got there

Thanks for the pics S27. I see a few cloudy, but looks mostly clear to me.

BigD, when you began adding MC about a month prior to harvest, how much did you start with per gallon of water?

I used a level teaspoon, which weighed 6g. That's what's recommended on the MC website. I had slight tip burning on the leaves, so I probably should have reduced it to 5.5g.

There is a feeding calculator on the MC website. You enter the amount of water you're using, plus the measurement type, i.e. grams, etc, it will show you how much you need. I've been following the MC thread since the beginning and generally speaking, what most people are saying and experiencing, if you following the feeding calculator you should get good results.

I'm rather nervous of the yellowing of the leaves. I decided to add some MC last night to see if it would help at all. I put 6 grams into 1 gallon of water and gave each plant half of that gallon. I'm wondering if I should trim the yellow leaves off? Or just leave them?

Critical Purple - Leaves Yellowing - 12-22-19.jpg

I'm also wondering if, based on the trichomes, I should start flushing them? My last grow I didn't properly flush (at all) and the bud tastes great so I'm conflicted lol. Or should I use the MC right thru harvest without flushing?

Opinions/suggestions more than welcome!

:adore:

@S27 You may have a few things going on. You're in 3 gallon pots, correct? You plants have probably become too big for those pots and may have become root bound. That may be causing the yellowing. Nothing you can do about that now, but I would suggest getting at least some 5 gallon pots for your next grow.

I don't remember what nutes you were using, but you may have salt build up. You could do a sort of "rinse and re-set" on them. Pour 6 gallon of just water through them. On the 7th and last gallon, add your 6g of MC to it. That won't help your yellow leaves, but at least you'll have re-set the soil and you should be good to go. Some people leave the yellow leaves on, some cut them off. I'm in the cut them off camp. I feel it get them out of the way, and make room for more light for the leaves that are left. Do a little research and decide what's best for you.

Most people now don't do a flush at the end. The current school of thought is why starve you plants at the end, when it needs nutes the most. Also, there is no evidence that it affects the the flavor, as you yourself mentioned. Below are a couple of links about flushing/leaching. I hope all of this helps.

Thanks so much BigD, this is all very helpful!

:thanks:

Yes, these 2 plants are in 3 pound pots regrettably. The new plants will all be in 5 gallon pots.

I may have to just cross my fingers due to time restrictions with Christmas just about here. Lots of last minute things to do and festivities begin tomorrow night. : )

I'll probably trim some of those yellow leaves off, and keep some of the ones that have a purplish tint started on them. After Christmas I'll see where the trichomes are at and if a reset flush still makes sense. Thanks for the thread links too! Your help is very much appreciated!

(((hugs)))

You're very welcome.

Some updated pics from tonight. I got some of the yellow leaves off (they pretty much just fell off once I touched them) and left others that seemed more 'attached'. The 2 plants looks very different from one another. My 1st grow resulted in one taller plant too lol.

CP 12-23-19 (1).jpg

CP 12-23-19 (2).jpg

CP 12-23-19 (3).jpg

CP 12-23-19 (4).jpg

CP 12-23-19 (5).jpg

CP 12-23-19 (6).jpg

What......Christmas eve day, and no ornaments on your plants! Oh the horror. ;)

What......Christmas eve day, and no ornaments on your plants! Oh the horror. ;)

Now you've done it...I'll be putting ornaments on my plants at midnight tonight lmao!

:laugh:

I actually looked for purple xmas lights and was going to string them on the plants, but all of the stores around here were out of purple lights. :\

Merry Christmas BigD! :love:

Back
Top Bottom