Cutting fan leaves or not?

I would trim outdoor plants sparingly. The sun has great penetration and coverage.
i see, thing is, this one is REALLY bushy, like a lot! and i'm worried the lower buds won't get enough light because of how the plant is shaped due to me doing LST to keep it low key.

also my fertilizer has a lot of N so that is also something that might've helped to make it so bushy

i see, thing is, this one is REALLY bushy, like a lot! and i'm worried the lower buds won't get enough light because of how the plant is shaped due to me doing LST to keep it low key.

also my fertilizer has a lot of N so that is also something that might've helped to make it so bushy
Then it is time for a photo or two of the entire plant. Don't need a lot of photos, just one would do.

Dont go crazy with it. If its that big it wont hurt it I dont think. Just be mindful about what you remove. You could remove lower bud spots in the middle of the plant. Or if you have the option tie down some branches to some bamboo poles

Trust the sun :green_heart:

Some strains are just more leafy than others to be honest.

Defoliate indoors is a common/uncommon practice depending on what side of the fence you stand upon this is largely done for yield but still a small amount but over many plants the maths soon adds up, also light degrades over distance... Now the sun is great big fuck off light spectrum, Oh really do we honestly measure that by a candle WTF...

But ye hps, depreciation over distance like 6 inches is a very real thing when dealing with a bulb of so many wattage's.

Attachments

• photo_2020-09-16_13-40-00.jpg
    photo_2020-09-16_13-40-00.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
Some times removing leaves is absolutely needed to get your plants to harvest other times it should be avoided.I do both leave the leaves or remove for light and PM and bud rot control.Some say removing leaves decreases yield that is going to be hard to prove without the exact same conditions being met in every comparison grow and that can be very difficult with humidity and temp fluctuations and grower errors.You can meet all requirements and still get bugs rot mildew overfeeding etcetera.I have completely removed all leaves from four of my plants one i have left alone.

Some times removing leaves is absolutely needed to get your plants to harvest other times it should be avoided.I do both leave the leaves or remove for light and PM and bud rot control.Some say removing leaves decreases yield that is going to be hard to prove without the exact same conditions being met in every comparison grow and that can be very difficult with humidity and temp fluctuations and grower errors.You can meet all requirements and still get bugs rot mildew overfeeding etcetera.I have completely removed all leaves from four of my plants one i have left alone.

I might have to do this to help prevent milder and rot....

I defoliated like a demon on my first grow. Mediocre yield and decent potency.

Second grow I only took off dead leaves and ones that were blocking buds. Better yield but i wasn't happy with potency.

I'm not trying to establish correlation; just paying my 2 cents ;)
I don't think there is truly an answer lol. I think everything varies from the strain to begin with to what you plant in, conditions, genetics there are just way to many factors for a true answer

I don't think there is truly an answer lol. I think everything varies from the strain to begin with to what you plant in, conditions, genetics there are just way to many factors for a true answer
I agree. And in the end, remember our mantra when it comes to any of our growing habits.

"Do what works best for YOU"

:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom