D.W.C. Build Almost Done

Hows everything going CO?
Hope your Weekend was a good one man :thumb:

Weekend was crazy in the grow rooms. Lots of moving around and fixing fans. Posted most of what updates in my 5x5 monster forum. Thank you for stopping by. Keep it green my friend.

Thanks for the videos, Great info as always Professor! :bravo:

Thank you for taking the time to watch them. As always I appreciate all the support.

I agree with you on the GPW not being the only indicator of grow room efficiency. Someone on here had a formula for grams per watt per growth time but I haven't been able to find it yet. This way it accounted for the difference in growth time between a bunch of small plants in a SOG vs one large plant that typically requires a longer veg time.

I think the only time GPW is useful is when testing the efficiency of a specific light given the same situation, aka an LED grow vs T5 vs HID vs Plasma induction. But you are 100% correct when stating there are more factors that go into it! :headbanger:

Also for the jiffy pellets I have had some break through the net and some not break through. I have successfully clipped the netting off before rooting gets too aggressive but this requires pretty good timing (basically when you see a hint of root tips pressing against the net clip the net off and transplant).

Also in the crazy clone root where they were all tangled a nice way to help ease the stress of spreading roots is to let them dangle in a bucket of water and give them a nice little jiggle for a low stress way to help roots separate. This is the method I use when vegging hydro clones with nice long roots in a bubble cloner. Sometimes they get tangled up but the water definitely makes it easier to separate without breakage.

Yeah I saw the tray with water but what I am talking about is letting them full dangle in something like a 5 gallon bucket. Then they almost float and the jostling lets them gently drift apart instead of risking breakage from all the friction tension of roots laying on roots. Sometimes I have to use a little poker in between the clones to assist.
small_clone_roots.jpg

Just a R.D.W.C update. I am just waiting on space for veg to get this freaking grow popping. I am looking at adding two new tents to do just D.W.C grows in instead of sharing grow rooms. Other then that I am in a stall pattern for space. Thank you all for being here and I will do my best to speed up this grow. Keep it growing green..........

Here is a post I did on the ? you asked me in your PM. I hope this info helps you. Have a green day.
When the relative humidity in the garden is low your resin production will increase. This is a natural response cannabis has to dry air and attempt to protect itself from hot dry conditions. Marijuana resin actually has one of the highest UV-resistance ratings in the plant kingdom. The resin reflects light preventing the buds from getting sunburn.Lowering the humidity in the room on that last night before harvest morning will ensure increased resin production without having to let the soil go bone-dry first. Another thing is to prolonged dark periods of up to 24 hours just before cutting can make spikes in resin production. This is all do to low humidity will cut down on light uptake anyway plus it helps to make sure liquid foods within the plants drain down to the root zone. I do not know if that is off topic but that's my take on that.

Its that time.. A few plants moving out side. Big and Flo will be moving out next week when the help shows up. Transplanting them into 20 gallon smart pots. Big and flo are at 4 1/2 month veg already and they will be going out side for another 5-6 months veg before flowering lol. Going to have a all you can smoke fest when they get done for sure....
20140504_161701.jpg

Ok I ran into problem with water sitting in the pans of the airpots. The roots went freaking crazy and now made it a pain in the ass to change pans for dry ones.
20140505_013007.jpg
20140505_012951.jpg

Back
Top Bottom