Dark malleable hash question.

I just received my hash press and am on my way to silk screening about an ounce of dry bud. It got over dried before I cured so its really brittle and not good for much of anything else.

Anyways all the hash I've seen people make from has presses is light yellow in color and looks brittle. is there a way to make it darker and more malleable using silkscreen and hash press method? Thanks

You could bite the bullet and spend an hour working it between your fingers. I used to do that when I made hippie crack. The hash would start out white and after an hour of being rolled and squished in my hands, getting heated and mixing with my own skin oils it would be a nice black colour, a consistency of toffee almost and it would have the most delicious hashy/oily flavour. Good times lol

Thanks man. I actually thought of doing that. I ended up just pressing it and heating in the oven for a bit. Its not malleable but still tasty. I cut a peice off the pellet with a utility knife and put the piece between bud in my bowl so it slow cooks in the middle of the bowl rather than instantly on top. good times indeed! I'll try the hand method with my next batch :) Hopefully my HK plant ends up being fem. That makes nice hash i hear.

Copy_of_IMG_1470.JPG

I've actually heard you can add a drop of evoo or something into the press and this helps make it more malleable. I just remember the hash I used to get in HS was dark on the outside yellowish on the inside (kind of like dog crap lol) , was the consitency of fudge and kind of smelled like chicken soup. I wanted to achieve this.

RooRman has a really good way of compressing it more. you have to make sure no water can get into your compressor by taping it off..

then you run it under hot water and compress it even more.. you can repeat this step many times.

RooRman has a really good way of compressing it more. you have to make sure no water can get into your compressor by taping it off..

then you run it under hot water and compress it even more.. you can repeat this step many times.

I put my press in the oven for 10 minutes at 350F took it out and with oven mitts turned another 3/4 turn or so.

I was pressing hard too. hash oil ended up seeping past the piston and made it difficult to get the hash out once it cooled. The trick is to push it out while its still warm. It ended up with a nice dark color but still not soft. Thats ok though. I use a utility knife to slice pieces off to smoke. Tasty stuff.

Copy_of_IMG_1470.JPG

The darker puck was in the high temp oven the lighter one was in the toaster over less temp less time.

this is wut it look like right of the screen still wet
19112.jpg

and this is after rolling in a ball for a couple minutes
19213.jpg

I have since upgraded to bubble bags since my original post. They do work great :) I am going to try the gumby hash method next though. thanks!

you have too freeze the bud/shake before you break it up over the silk screen.put the keif into cellophane,tape it up, wrap in newspaper fold up tightly and tape up,wet with water then cook in oven at 175 degrees for 10 min then roll with tortilla roller roll roll roll!!! put back in freezer for 20 min. then get HASHFACED:)~

I have found (also use bubble bags ) that there is a point between it being wet from the screen and overly dry that is optaimal to mold and form the hash usually i will put it in a baggie shake it all to a corner then use a glass or rolling pin to force almost all of the water out. if you use a heat source like a light bulb (I use a light box I built for making tattoo stenciles) under a sheet of glass it only takes light pressure to cause it to bind. But the longer i have let it dry the harder it is to get it to bind. . . . . one thing you may try is to save some back (in powder form) to sprinkle on a bowl I have turned some of my bros on to this and now they won't smoke it any other way, it also makes it easier to smoke it in a bubble pipe the dust like consistancy burns cleanly and gives a hell of a hit

My experience with that same press is that on my first few attempts, I cranked it down way too tight and the pucks were not malleable.

You get a lot of leverage with those big knurled knobs, so it's easy to overdo it.

When I use it now, I don't tighten it up nearly as hard, and I might re-tighten lightly once, but that's it. Now the pucks still hold together fine, but they're a lot softer.

I think the hash smokes a lot better too when it's softer.

I just did my first gumby run and it turned out great.

Back
Top Bottom