Hash Making

Re: Roseman's Hash Making

Thanks RP. I ordered as suggested. I remember going through the cheap meters when I started and this sounds like the same path. No, you don't have to cover if I'm not happy. Education cost money and if it doesn't work as expected (doubtful) I'll give it to my son. LOL! I always wanted one of those T presses anyway. Thanks. I think you just saved me some aggrevation. When I get it I have a pile of hash to put it through it's paces and will report.

good deal! hope you like it MC. Definitely report back.

I got some more trim ready for the bags! :yahoo: I'll make a run this weekend. Should be pressing out pucks mid next week! :bong: If I can remember, I'll take pics.

Happy holidays my friend! Hope you have a good weekend.

Here my hash making experience!

special thanks to:
Roseman - for this guide
FryingPanFlyer - for pointing me towards my keif box
TheAnswerto1984is1776 - for pressing techniques
2010-04-03_01_19_19.jpg

2010-04-03_01_31_08.jpg

3. (little green for my liking) :-(
2010-04-03_01_35_55.jpg

4. Into press, then into oven at 175degrees for 10 min
2010-04-03_01_43_54.jpg

5. Now I have pucks weighing .5 gram
2010-04-03_03_38_46.jpg

Great thread Roseman. I actually skip the oven process. I follow your guide up until the point after you have your kief in the cellophane. I fill a glass bottle with close to boiling water, and then use it as a rolling pin (make sure you use a cloth or gloves as the bottle is very hot). If you repeat this twice, you are left with some very nice, somewhat malleable hash. You do have to exert a little effort in pressing and rolling, but isn't it worth it? ;)

Another thing I have learned, with any water extracted hash, it is best to use some sort of drying method like freezing or forcing the water out (I've unfortunately seen some peoples hash turn moldy because they stored it while moist, notably an acquaintance lost about 2 ounces of good bubble hash!). How I do this is by taking the half dry hash, putting it in the palm of my hand, and pressing it against my palm with my thumb, smearing it across my hand. I then move it over just a little because the spot where you press becomes moist, and repeat. Sooner or later you will have most of the moisture out (this is really good if you want to test a little bit as quickly as possible after being so patient through making it). Freezing the hash will pull the remaining moisture to the surface of the hash, and when taken out of the freezer, you will be able to rub/scrape the water/ice off.

I look forward to growing sativas and indicas, harvesting them with clear to cloudy trichs, and then making hash out of the different levels of *doneness*. I look forward to having hash that puts me to sleep, and hash that *activates* me/my mind. I think it's so great that this plant has such a wide range of effects, even within the same genes.

Here my hash making experience!

special thanks to:
Roseman - for this guide
FryingPanFlyer - for pointing me towards my keif box
TheAnswerto1984is1776 - for pressing techniques
2010-04-03_01_19_19.jpg

2010-04-03_01_31_08.jpg

3. (little green for my liking) :-(
2010-04-03_01_35_55.jpg

4. Into press, then into oven at 175degrees for 10 min
2010-04-03_01_43_54.jpg

5. Now I have pucks weighing .5 gram
2010-04-03_03_38_46.jpg

That is as PERFECT as I have ever seen. :goodjob: Awesome post! :bravo: Great Results!

:yahoo: This just got me so excited seeing those pucks lol... I just got a grinder/press combo for 20$ on amazon... it's a steal. they are a bit chincy feeling, but really, for 20$ it's a great deal... they are both highly effective. I'll post some pics of my kief hash as soon as it's out of the oven.....

I put my kief in the press, tighten it down until it gets hard to turn, STOP.

Wait ten minutes and see if you can twist the lid anymore on the press. if so do it until it's hard to turn and STOP.

Wait five mintues and repeat that process, this is something I do while the oven is preheating to 175*, and the kief seems to "set" a bit after each tightening, so we'll see if it makes a difference lol...

This is my first time doing it with a press by the way.... I had some pretty golden kief, a little green in there, but not much I hope it's yummy.... tick tock tick tock

:thumb:

Kief
rsz_hash_003.jpg

In my new press
rsz_hash_004.jpg

Final product: Nice golden puck, not quite as good as the purple urkle full melt it's sitting by :laugh: but still pretty dang strong!
rsz_hash_009.jpg

Thanks, weed.

Yeah, I'm all pucked up too! Have a medicine bottle full of pucks and it's rare when a bowl is not topped off with some. I go naked bowls during the day but at night the mellowness and taste the pucks provide is required and yummy to boot! Makes me feel like a weeble. Weebles wobble but they won't fall down! LOL!

Here's an interesting one. I bought my kief box a couple months ago, I was a little wary since it had a 120 micron screen, a little bigger than I wanted. While screening the bud leaves from my Northern Lights it was a bit more green than golden, I thought it was more leaf matter in the mix due to the larger screen size. Then the other night I screened some leaves from the White Widow Max it came out very blonde! I guess the strain makes a difference in color too.

Hi everyone. Roseman and others can you tell me how dry the leaves have to be before you process them? Somehow I completely missed that they had to be dry and I threw them in the freezer fresh from trimming. So now I have frozen ice crystal wet trim :(. Do you think I can I dry them out and refreeze them? I appreciate all your help and ideas. Im bummed I screwed this up.

No biggie! Sure you can redry them. Just mess with them every once in a while or put a small fan in their general direction on low. You wnat them crunchy dry and then frozen. They don't need to get to the powdered stage but imagine breaking some down for a joint or bowl. You want to be able to get it to that stage with not too much effort.

Ty mostlycrazy :) I took them out out the freezer and tried to spread them on paper towels to thaw. They are really wet and icy. Dont know how I missed the drying part! DOH! hopefully i didnt ruin them and will be able to get some trichs off them. ty again :)

Ty mostlycrazy :) I took them out out the freezer and tried to spread them on paper towels to thaw. They are really wet and icy. Dont know how I missed the drying part! DOH! hopefully i didnt ruin them and will be able to get some trichs off them. ty again :)

You may have accelerated the drying process by freezing them. The ice you see came from the leaves to begin with so the freezing only brought it to the surface. I'm certain it will be fine once dried, don't feel bad, it's really not a mistake at all, at least not one the hurt anything.

Thanks Fry,
I think your right because they are crispy now that they're thawed. Thanks for your kind words :) I have my fingers crossed lol

Back
Top Bottom