Darker and droopier than what I remember

Coco coir.

Water edges of container or the plant itself?
I heard it's practically hydroponic and it shouldn't get below 90% saturation?

My understanding is that a "safe" measure is to add 5% of the total volume of the container. This should give you 10%-20% of that added amount as runoff. So if the container is 500ml I add 25ml once daily and get 2.5 - 5ml runoff. It is elevated and doesn't sit in any moisture.

if its coco and soil mix then it needs to dry a bit, even coco i would water centre out , it can still dry around the plant pot but not around the roots all the time , let it dry a bit more then water centre of pot out , its a tiny little baby it doesn't need a pot full of water yet :)

This is how i would first water , small pot or starter big pot , little and often ( give you an idea ) I'm not great at explaining lol i ph also to 5.6 , lots don't bother with seedling but i like to ph all the time ( give me something more to do ) :cheesygrinsmiley: I use a different ph throughout the grow just to be awkward :nerd-with-glasses:
:morenutes:
P1100811.JPG
P1100810.JPG
P1100807.JPG

If it's straight coco, don't let it dry out "completely". It will get hard and kill your baby, BUT, she looks way wet, so back off on the watering a bit, but don't let that coco get hard...I know it's confusing, but you'll get it

i went from doing them in coco core and perlite as they wouldn't grow as good, put them in peat moss mix they grew better for me , even the seedlings germed faster and broke through better and stronger looking ,
Now i use coco fibre, broke down peat moss and perlite , seems to be a better potting starter mix

sat like this for over a week doing sod all > just stayed WET lol
P1100399.JPG

week for 2 and 12 days later for the bigger , in dryer soil

InkedP1100774_LI.jpg

if its coco and soil mix then it needs to dry a bit, even coco i would water centre out , it can still dry around the plant pot but not around the roots all the time , let it dry a bit more then water centre of pot out , its a tiny little baby it doesn't need a pot full of water yet :)...

Haha you did great :) the visuals helped. Thanks a million. I actually have one of those "pipette" things so huzzah!

If it's straight coco, don't let it dry out "completely". It will get hard and kill your baby, BUT, she looks way wet, so back off on the watering a bit, but don't let that coco get hard...I know it's confusing, but you'll get it

Yeah straight coco and perlite.
I'll keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom