Will seeds develop into something viable?

I was wondering if seeds will develop into ones that can be usable. I'm new to growing and I had a plant given to me which had 3 stalks sharing one football. Well one of the three was clearly male and since I couldn't just pull it out without damaging the other two I just cut it off at the base. But it apparently pollinated the other plants and it seems to be an autoflower. I don't know when I should harvest it. The seeds are whitish and not very big. Will they get round and brown ? I think I may have passed the time when it would have been best to harvest but I'm thinking since the seeds don't seem to be ready....will the seeds get darker and bigger or has my time passed? Is there any correlation between seed viability and time to harvest?

I was wondering if seeds will develop into ones that can be usable. I'm new to growing and I had a plant given to me which had 3 stalks sharing one football. Well one of the three was clearly male and since I couldn't just pull it out without damaging the other two I just cut it off at the base. But it apparently pollinated the other plants and it seems to be an autoflower. I don't know when I should harvest it. The seeds are whitish and not very big. Will they get round and brown ? I think I may have passed the time when it would have been best to harvest but I'm thinking since the seeds don't seem to be ready....will the seeds get darker and bigger or has my time passed? Is there any correlation between seed viability and time to harvest?
Hello @FreeWheelinFranklin hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine :welcome:.
Seeds on a mature girl will be viable no problem.
8 weeks of flower is plenty of time.
BUT those seeds will give you a headache guaranteed.
I've made that mistake and got hermies, seeds and airy useless buds.
I'm sure you will find out eventually I'm just hoping to save you the time and trouble.
@Weed Seeds Express has fantastic genetics and great selection.
Discrete fast shipping.
Buy yourself some fems. You will be so much happier in the end:Namaste:
Happy growing.
Bill

I've been growing the seeds from my first grow with no problems so far. Thus far, fully "white" ones have never germinated. I had one plant whose seeds are a very light tan color, and they do germinate.

Depending upon when they were pollinated, the seeds may not be fully mature yet. I will say that my pregnant plants took WAY longer to actually get done trichome wise, like 16 weeks-ish. (They were VERY well pollinated)

Back
Top Bottom