Question about seeds

Smoke204

Hello fellow growers! I have a question regarding seeds. Is there a seed company that sell consistent strong seeds? I don't have the space to set up a cloning area, just my grow tent.

These past couple grows I've been ordering my seeds from a company from the west coast here in Canada and the seeds are alright I guess. The big issue with them is genetics. I always start off germinating ten and those that germinate get moved into dixie cups with soilless mix #4. Even then not all make it for some reason one or a couple stop growing whereas the rest develop normally. Then the genetics really show after they're transplanted into bigger containers. An example being that after a few weeks I see just how different the rate of development is, one or two will grow faster and develop normally whereas the others seem to lag in growth and remain much smaller than the rest. I'm not over watering nor am I going overkill with the nutrients and there are no pests in my grow area.

As always any advice is always appreciated.:thanks:

I order from Herbies. I can honestly say that I've never once had a seed from them that didn't germinate and grow to full cycle except a few of their freebie seeds. Grow after grow I don't even worry about that anymore. If I want 6 plants I germinate 6 seeds and they just always pop. The thing is that almost all seed companies aren't the seed breeder but more of a broker. The seed breeders would be your concern maybe. I don't know bud. If you have pretty bad luck I would look elsewhere like you are or tweak your ways. It's one or the other or both man.

Definitely looking to look elsewhere for my seeds which is why I'm asking for advice.

I get that. But like I mentioned most seed places arent the seed breeders but just a broker. So, that being said, does your seed seller also breed the seeds they sell? If they don't it's pretty hard to give you a few Ideas because we don't know what breeders your seds have been coming from. Care to share?

Just checked their info, they're not breeders. Suppose I could have checked that sooner. I'd post the link but I don't think we're allowed because I had a post edited awhile back stating it was a form of advertising.

Just checked their info, they're not breeders. Suppose I could have checked that sooner. I'd post the link but I don't think we're allowed because I had a post edited awhile back stating it was a form of advertising.

You can say what brand and strain of seeds you bought. That won't be an issue

White Widow, BC Seedking.

IC
A simple google search gave me ll of the info I needed to see on them in the first few google results that popped up. Yeah man, I'd be lookin too.
Like I said there's tons of good breeders and brokers. I always go with Herbies and most of the breeders seeds I get through them are Fast Buds, Sweet Seeds, Dr Krippling, Heavyweight, vision seeds, Barneys, Greenhouse, Humboltd, Dutch Passion and more. Never an issue what so ever.

Theres also Crop King seeds. Great reputation. They are a sponsor here and if I'm not mistaking they are in Canada.

Theres lots of good people to deal with here.

I've tried Purple Kush awhile back from CKS and the germination rate was 5/10 seeds and from the five that germinated only two made it to harvest. Dunno, could have been just a run of bad luck with that order but I'd be willing to give them a try again.

I've tried Purple Kush awhile back from CKS and the germination rate was 5/10 seeds and from the five that germinated only two made it to harvest. Dunno, could have been just a run of bad luck with that order but I'd be willing to give them a try again.

That's a really shitty germination rate man. Especially from CK. What method are you using to germ?

Same way I do it too. I fold 1 square 4 times. Moisten until saturated but not dripping. Then seal in a lightproof container (I use an empty can of chew tobacco). Put it all in the can so it's dark, set the can on a heating pad turned on low. Always within 24 hours all of them are ready.

Forgot to mention. The taproots were developing but just the tip was poking through whereas the rest came in normally.

They didn't grow at all after braking through the husk, the very tip was just showing and it's like they just quit. The taproots on the rest were about a half a centimeter long.

Oh no, I don't drench the paper towels. Temperature, I can't say for sure, room temperature I suppose. I germinate them in the bathroom. Guess a heat pad might be a worthwhile investment?

Back
Top Bottom