Feminized Seeds or Regular Seeds

Should I get Feminized Seeds or Regular Seeds?

• Total voters

DaHui

What do you think is better to get if you are a first time grower?
Spend a little more cash and get Feminized seeds, and be sure that they will all flower etc.? Or get Regular seeds and take a chance and get a couple males in the batch?

I'm not sure yet. Cuz Feminized seeds are $$. I might wanna just take the chance and go with the normal/regular seeds... But then again, if I was to get feminized, then I'd only plant like 3 or 4 seeds and save the rest for an other time, no need to 'over germinate' and grow for nothing. Saves time and energy... I need some opinions, help me out!

i went with feminized. its easyer. you dont have to waste your time and nuterients and lights on males. you can save the seeds for later. or make a mother and take clones. some people sell 5 seed batches of female seeds.

If I could afford it I would get feminized seeds. Pay more $$ vs. less to possibly only get 4 femmes out of a guaranteed 8-10 with the latter. (uh ya, a tad convoluted).

Have fun! I have a shorty bushy plant on my deck right now that I'm almost sure is a girly-girl. It gets more attention than my cat.

EDIT: Mind you, learning the difference between male and female as a first-time grower could be beneficial.

definitely go feminized its more $ but like you said there is no need to germinate all at once hoping to get a few females, this way your guaranteed females. peace!

The only problem with femed beans is there is still a slight chance of them going hermi. Personally i wouldnt front the money for femmed beans( unless is was sold be femaleseeds :) ) youll always find something special in regualr beans.

brushtail

I would much rather have feminized seeds.

ive always bought regulars seeds and serioulsy rarley get any males. but i respect oher ppl opinions if they say getting feminised seeds is worth it.

Personal Opinion Here,

I'm a firm believer in following the advice I got off this site. DON'T TRUST ANYONE!!! At least not when it comes to your grow. You can always find good seeds locally from your friends. Use the free seeds you get locally. If you burn 'em up, drown 'em, starve 'em, or do anything else that kills /em your not losing the big $$$ for the femmed seeds. Once you learn the basics of how to keep your plants alive, then maybe...and I mean maybe, spend the bucks. I never have, and never will. And I can't complain about what I smoke. After all, it's my own, personal, designer weed.

P.S. Get a good book or two...read and follow directions...and you should be ok. I only use 2...Marijuana Grower's Guide by Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal, and Indoor Marijuana Horticulture (The Indoor Bible) by Jorge Cervantes. I'm not saying there are no other good books out there...just that these are the only ones I have ever needed.

Honestly the first two bagseeds i ever planted are both females. I was impressed and it has encouraged me to continue in my efforts. It's not that hard to come across females in bagseed.

I've just ordered lowryder seeds and am hoping for a least one male to mate one of the females for future grows. Just think, eventually you could have your own personal seed bank . . . sorta like a nice wine cellar.

in my experiance if your goal is to develope a strain or hybrid that has the characteristics that you want in a smoke then go with regular seed and just seperate your males and save them for breeding. If you just want to smoke go with a clone

i'm a first time grower and i bought regular seeds, don't know what sex they are yet as they are only seedlings.:yummy: but i think it will be fun to found out. and i'm thinking of making hybrids some time down the line too.

Personally I doubt I'd ever buy femmed beans..... I might get some from a friend I trusted, or make my own... but as far as spending that kindof money, no thank you....
I've always managed atleast 60% females.... even if you only get one, you can always clone her.
But to each his own.....

Back
Top Bottom