Feminized seeds question

ML4T

So as i hear feminized seeds are bread from hermies polinated from male plants. And if i read right they say that big stress or some huge changes during grow could trigger the feminized plant to turn out to be a hermie.

So my question is...the plant will have both sexes and produce seeds. What will someone get by harvesting and planting the seeds from this feminized plant ???

Thx in advance

An easy way to think about it is if there are 10 fem seeds 7 out of 10 should be female and the other 3 male. This doesn't exactly happen its just the seed is much more likely to be female. But the seeds aren't just from a hermi plant, that would be bad cuz a hermi breeds plants that are more likely to hermi.

Before I get to your question I'll explain my understanding of Feminized seeds and and hermies.

If you take a female cannabis plant and cause it stress in flowering ( usually light leaks or akward lighting schedules)will sometimes grow bananas. These are tiny yellow pollen flowers that usually grow from the buds. These are not hermies and any seeds they produce will be female plants with the same traits as the mother.

A hermie usually shows its ugly face during the first few weeks of flower and can be triggered by stress but it's usually a genetic issue due to the pollen chuckers we call breeders. A true hermie will grow male flower pods under its bud sites and they look like balls. If these balls are not removed asap they will open and spread it's pollen all over your plant. Any seeds from this plant will carry on its hermie genetics and the seeds will grow feminized hermies.

There are a lot of great stains out there that are known to hermie at the slightest amount of stress. Most breeders label these for expierenced growers only. They are actually easy to deal with if you catch them before they open.

I can not quite remember at the moment on how they create feminized seed but some thing to do with a spray which force's female seed production.

Regular seed is a large gamble on female to male ratio also space plus other stuff more likely not worth the hassle these days in less you are interested in breeding your own plants ?

Fem seeds are pretty stable i've grown em for the last few years with out problems even cloned from them & kept mother plants off fem seeds with every thing turning out just fine to be honest, fem seeds produce female plants i've never had one turn male or even hermie on me... ?

It is just high amounts of stress & light leaks which produce problems !

Just sayin this, light leaks seem to cause hermies. Speaking from experience and from talking with multiple people who have more experience than myself. But yeah its the banana that makes it happen. And its possible it'll pop a couple seeds if you try to push it to far before harvest, from my understanding those should be more likely to be female. Or maybe its just good luck. The world of breeding cannabis seems like an interesting one to get into.

I can not quite remember at the moment on how they create feminized seed but some thing to do with a spray which force's female seed production

I haven't heard of this, it sounds very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom