Feminized white widow nannered - questions

Cwmoore577

Hey all,

I had two plants, one was a feminized white widow freebie and the other is feminized purple punch from barneys. At some point in flowering the white widow plant had bananas form and it pollinated itself and possibly the purple punch. I've only found one underdeveloped seed on the purple punch so I'm hoping most of it is alright. I've been able to salvage some of the buds off the white widow but there are definitely fully developed seeds.

I have a few questions.
I know bananas are the plants last ditch effort to produce seeds but it is a genetic or environmental issue? A combination of both? I have 4 more of these seeds and will not use them if it's genetic. It's not worth the chance of ruining another more expensive strain.

Also, this may be an ignorant question but since the plant pollinated itself, are the seeds from the white widow plant feminized as well? I'm uninformed on the process of feminization.

Thanks!!

Plants have the ability to self pollinate. That is genetic.

All cannabis has this ability.

Can you exacerbate the issue with poor environmental conditions - you bet.

One of the most contributing environmental conditions to bring on male bits on a female plant is letting your flowering plants dry out too much, not enough water.

That sends a message to the plant there are drought conditions. Thats probably the most influential issue for nanners I've found.

So both for sure. I've found Sativa to be more liable to self pollinate as well.

Plants have the ability to self pollinate. That is genetic.

All cannabis has this ability.

Can you exacerbate the issue with poor environmental conditions - you bet.

One of the most contributing environmental conditions to bring on male bits on a female plant is letting your flowering plants dry out too much, not enough water.

That sends a message to the plant there are drought conditions. Thats probably the most influential issue for nanners I've found.

So both for sure. I've found Sativa to be more liable to self pollinate as well.
Noted.

I'm in coco and have watered 2-3x daily throughout so I don't think dryness contributed.

So shouldn't be an issue continuing to use the rest of the seeds?

Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom