Feminized Seeds or Regular Seeds

Should I get Feminized Seeds or Regular Seeds?

• Total voters
I currently have a female budding that has been stressed to hell with no hermie action. Was thinking of reveg in order to get some fem seeds. Have heard somewhere that giberellic acid (which I have easy access to) can be used to induce male flowers on a female. Can anybody confirm this? If so what sort of dosage is required. Thanx

You can try femmed seeds but once your grow gets all seeded out and you have no idea why, you will know what it is like to be stung by a hermie. It's got to be a thousand times easier to find and cull males than locate hermaphroditic tendencies on a plant late into a grow. Many growers never find the one branch that threw out all the pollen.

There was an article written last year elsewhere on the net about femmed seeds. Google "The Truth About Feminized Seeds".

So, just know there are plusses and minuses with whatever choice you make. For me, good genetics that produce good bud are key. Traits that help protect the plant in adverse conditions like going hermie I would prefer to avoid.

in my oppinion fems are better for the inexperienced grower simply because theres no need to sex and waste money on males. it is possible to have problems with herms and mutations but that depends on how the fem seeds came to fem. example were they radiated to death with chemicals or were they a product of different breeding techniques. personally i favour barneys seeds and greenhouse company as you know you are buying quality. there are companys to stay away from wen it comes to fems but i wont name them. try violator kush, nice yield and easy to grow and flying dutchman also.

How do I even start. I mean I have some seeds but I dont know if there male or female

Those would be regular seeds then. Some people just grow them out and remove the males once they show their sex in flowering. Others induce the small plants into flowering early, identify a couple of the best looking females, then take cuttings from those females to make clones. Either those original plants or a good clone are kept for use as a mother (one to take clones from periodically).

You need a fair amount of space to get a mother going and in another space flower out clones. It would be advisable for the beginner to grow out from seed and see what happens. Expect to make mistakes; but be ready to learn from those mistakes. You can share your experiences of the grow with us in a grow journal.

:welcome: to 420 magazine T.Pharaoh! Check out the links in my SIG for more reference info.

I currently have a female budding that has been stressed to hell with no hermie action. Was thinking of reveg in order to get some fem seeds. Have heard somewhere that giberellic acid (which I have easy access to) can be used to induce male flowers on a female. Can anybody confirm this? If so what sort of dosage is required. Thanx

To make femmed seeds, look into STS (Silver ThioSulfate).

How To Reverse Sex Using Silver Thiosulfate Solution

I used bag seed for my first 2 grows and have a 100% female to sprout ratio (6 out of 6). I'm sticking with the free stuff until it proves otherwise, and actually plan on keeping a perpetual from clones from these mothers so no need to pay for seeds. But if anyone wants to donate, please feel free. :reading420magazine:

I used bag seed for my first 2 grows and have a 100% female to sprout ratio (6 out of 6). I'm sticking with the free stuff until it proves otherwise, and actually plan on keeping a perpetual from clones from these mothers so no need to pay for seeds. But if anyone wants to donate, please feel free. :reading420magazine:

Right on. Glad they worked out for you. I got some bagseed and a couple Satori seeds going right now in the Munki's Playground thread. Going to be growing under LED. Come check it out in the link on my SIG at the bottom.

Im a newbie grower and i was looking to buy some seeds. Btw great help on picking out what seeds to buy. Now the question is whos seeds are worth buying, or is a seed just any seed and it doesn't really matter where u get it from?

Started off with bag seeds, got 1 male out of 10. Then went with feminized. Now, I want to start the breeding experiment, so all I'm getting now are regulars. Either male or female it's still a win-win.

For the normal operation I go with feminized just so I don't be wasteful. Sure it cost a little more, but not really much more. The real cost are; time, energy (yours), electricity, space, light, water, air, nutrient are being wasted on male plants. Especially all you want is female. Unless you're into breeding, that's a different story. Or curious to see full grown male plants looks like in person...heh

I'm a complete newbie. Brain tumor patient. Interested in medical/health use maybe for a tincture. What does feminized seed mean? Do ALL plants give buds to use for creating tincture or oil?

I'm a complete newbie. Brain tumor patient. Interested in medical/health use maybe for a tincture. What does feminized seed mean? Do ALL plants give buds to use for creating tincture or oil?

Feminized seeds are seeds that will grow to be female plants and produce a higher % of THC. Also produce little to no seeds. Not sure of the second question

Back
Top Bottom