Dauzers 2017 Incredible Bulk, HIDs, LEDs, Soil & Hydro

dauzer

Hey guys :Namaste:

New journal and a whole new setup :thumb:

So, this time around I've decided to add a few new toys to the mix.

Iv been debating over the past few weeks whether to stick with soil or jump ship to hydro. I like soil but I don't like the mess that comes with it. In the end, I couldn't decide so I said I'd try both and see how things go. -

My setup

Seeds: 12x Incredible Bulk Dr Kipplings

Lighting:-
T5 4ft4tubes,
250W CFL under a dodgy reflector
2x 600w Irrigation air cooled hoods running Sunmaster Mh, Sunmaster HPS
Last but not least the new Mars Hydro Mars II 1200W -

Ventilation/Extraction:-
2x 1500m2 Gekko box fans 8" & 6"
1x RVK 4" inline fan
2x 4" Envirovent Silent Bathroom extractors-
SMScom Dual Fan Temp/Humidity controller
SMSCom Single Fan Temp controller-

4x Soil: 18L pots on 1mx1m tray-
Medium: Bio All Mix-

8x Hydro: IWS Pro Flood and Drain 12 Pot system with 9L Aqua Pots (Only running 8) -
Medium: 80/20 Mix Clay Pebbles/Coco

Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients 2-Part Grow/Bloom, Coco 2-Part Grow/Bloom, Bud Blood, Voodoo, B52, Big Bud and some Piranha (I will be alternating the nutes between the hydro and soil)
Got myself a fancy new BlueLab Guardian for 24/7 monitoring-

Lots of other bits and bobs you'll see during the grow but these are the important things.

So now that you guys know what I'm working with, it's time for an update and pics. By the way, to make life easier on myself and you, iv abbreviated the soil incredible bulk as SIB and the hydro as HIB. Otherwise I'll confuse myself and have to retype these journal entrees 100 times :thumb:

Dauzers 2017 Incredible Bulk, HIDs, LEDs, Soil and Hydro

Germinated 20x IB on the 15/05. All 20 went into a glass of pH'd water for 12 hours, about 8 cracked so they went into the cubes, then onto the paper towels, after 24/48hrs the rest cracked. I placed them all in the cubes but only 16 made it out. Still, in all I'm happy with 16 out of 20.

420-magazine-mobile305876747.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1619340381.jpg

420-magazine-mobile823764403.jpg

420-magazine-mobile202638381.jpg

420-magazine-mobile771446984.jpg

420-magazine-mobile32258718.jpg

re: Dauzers 2017 Incredible Bulk - HIDs - LEDs - Soil & Hydro

I took 4 out and put them straight into the 18L pots of soil and stuck another 8 into the 80/20 mix for hydro.

420-magazine-mobile1995738576.jpg

420-magazine-mobile518580124.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2055215468.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2131511209.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1149903271.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1204612682.jpg

420-magazine-mobile105662179.jpg

420-magazine-mobile842916269.jpg

Sweet setup. Super clean and exactly what i would expect from my buddy Dauzer.

Thanks for finding me for the new grow.

How was the smoke from that last grow?:tokin:

You will love your Guardian. I leave mine in 24/7 with no issues.

I had to laugh when i saw you were doing hydro and soil as i was contemplating doing the same.

Carpe' Kush

Gauge

Dauzers 2017 Incredible Bulk - HIDs - LEDs - Soil & Hydro

Thanks man. Still putting shit together here. Just got a new pedestal fan and some new duct today. Getting there .

It wouldn't be the same without you here Gauge, and i know what you mean about the grow DTs. Was off for a little while and kept checking new strains and window shopping for new gear. The struggle was real .

The smoke was fantastic. I loved the mixture of the different strains. Northern lights was a complete couch lock as well as the Blue Cheese. Really nice bed time smoke. Swiss Cheese and White Widow were less of a body stone, a nice smoke during the day. I found though that the Swiss Cheese become more potent after a week or two of curing. I smoked a j one morning of the Swiss and sat there starring at the walls for an hour .. so I'm sticking to the white widow for day time use. I have loads of hash left I can't seem to get through it plus half a freezer full for more hash, or oil .

How did you get on with yours after ? What was the smoke like from Green Crack ? Did you get up to much with the trim ?

My GC is getting better with time. I don't get the super cerebral high usually associated with the strain, but i bought the beans from Crop King so who the hell know what they sent me. It smells great but I'm totally stoned and like your swiss cheese i end up finding myself or my wife finds me, just standing somewhere.

I am going on a two week vacation and when i get back i am probably going to take all that dried bud and going to make some extracts. I have a Magic Butter Machine and took my trim and made some tincture which i like to add to bowl or J and its pretty nice for an evening bake.

Going to drop Cinderella 99, Tangie+Kosher Kush (gold rush) and Exodus Cheese.

None are from Crop King!

Gauge

My GC is getting better with time. I don't get the super cerebral high usually associated with the strain, but i bought the beans from Crop King so who the hell know what they sent me. It smells great but I'm totally stoned and like your swiss cheese i end up finding myself or my wife finds me, just standing somewhere.

I am going on a two week vacation and when i get back i am probably going to take all that dried bud and going to make some extracts. I have a Magic Butter Machine and took my trim and made some tincture which i like to add to bowl or J and its pretty nice for an evening bake.

Going to drop Cinderella 99, Tangie+Kosher Kush (gold rush) and Exodus Cheese.

None are from Crop King!

Gauge

Haha yeah there are certain occasions when it calls for that kind of a stone. But not when shit needs to be done .

How do you find the magic butter maker ? I was looking into getting one. I usually throw some trim into a slow cooker with non salted butter and run it for 24hrs.

Nice selection looking forward to seeing what those are like. I'm just doing all Incredible Bulk this time around I had way to much hardship the last run with 4 different strains. Loved the end result but I found managing 4 different strains to much of a task. So I'll run all Incredible Bulk this time and then next time maybe run a small 1x1 tent with a Sativa for day time smoking. I really want to try and grow one plant in a 60/70L pot under 1 light and see what it can do .

Update: Week 2

So we have some really good results from the SIBs. They are loving the new Mars LED. Think it might be a little warm for them, I'm noticing the sides of the leaves are starting to stand up. Once I get the extraction hooked up an running that shouldn't be an issue anymore. Iv just order a mist maker to raise the humidity. Temps are around 27C with humidity 50%-60%

420-magazine-mobile301810526.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1813227042.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1660095577.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1740247193.jpg

The HIBs are not doing so good. I'm just waiting on the base coco nutes to arrive. I tried to feed them a 1/4 strength of the AN connoisseur base but they didn't like that, they turned a light green. You can still see that from the lower leaves. I had origanly purchased the AN connoisseur but after chatting to their support team they recommend the coco base as I was using a coco mix. That screwed things up a small bit as I had to re order more nutes which takes a week to arrive. For now they are just getting pH water. Hopefully the coco nutes will be here today or tomorrow.

420-magazine-mobile1293455906.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1990861883.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2083266916.jpg

Finally got the Flood and Drain system hooked up. All pipes are connected and working. I had to do a bit of DIY job to make the system fit. The res was too far from the tent and brain bucket so I had to order some iceline and elbows to extend the lines into the brain. Looks pretty good now if I do say so myself .

420-magazine-mobile1244365025.jpg

420-magazine-mobile41284890.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1391289046.jpg

Also got some new duct setup for the intake. Iv now got 3x 4" intakes. If this isn't enough I give up . Made up a frame for the duct holes. In going to wedge it between the walls for the window to create a source of fresh air. Not much to look at but it gets the job done .

420-magazine-mobile699953429.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1089235303.jpg

420-magazine-mobile573155763.jpg

P.S. The 8 small pots in the corner are my brothers. He had a surprise house inspection so I took the babies for a few nights. He's also doing the Incredible Bulk

Looking nice and professional in here! You sure took a step up ;)
I'll be following your journal :)

Thanks WW. Nice to have you along for the ride. Should be fun .

I had some extra cash from the last run. I sold some bud to a few close friends so decided to spend a little on the new setup. Might have bitten off more than I can chew with this though. Still trying to figure out the feeding schedule and flood times. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon. That or I'll be starting again from scratch in a week or two lol. The soil are flying it just moved them under the Mars LED two days ago.

Update time .

So after some research and help from some of the more experienced hydro growers, my plants seem to be drowning which is why they haven't been growing. My mistake!! I shouldn't have went for a coco mix. It seems this medium needs 1 - 2 days to dry out. I was under the impression it needed to be flood twice a day. If i had of stuck to my original plan and used all hydroton i wouldn't be in this situation. Oh well, live and learn .

So my veg schedule is a little messed up now due to the slow growth from the HIBs. I was expecting to be in week 1 of veg since the 13/06 but I'm going to have to delay this a little until the HIBs recover and start to grow. Iv also just installed the 600w mH lights. They defiantly seem to be helping with the growth

420-magazine-mobile850949609.jpg

SIBs are doing great. Really green and healthy. Very strong too the stems are like tree trucks already. They are 3 weeks from transplant now. I haven't used any feed yet as they seem to be thriving from whats available in the soil, so until i see some deficiency i wont change anything there. I might give them there first feed on the 20/06. By then hopefully the HIBs will be ready to go.

On the 13/06 i topped the SIBs and took off some of the lower side branches. I'm not sure whether to LSD and scrog or just let them grow out. The HIBs will be under a scrog as I'm expecting them to take off.

420-magazine-mobile209778532.jpg

420-magazine-mobile386551289.jpg

HIBs are are looking better today. I haven't watered now since yesterday morning (24Hrs) They still seem a fair bit damp so iv open the bucket slightly to let them dry out. They look a little lime green to me, I'm assuming this is lack of Nitrogen as they haven't been getting fed properly.

420-magazine-mobile381304632.jpg

420-magazine-mobile520165176.jpg

420-magazine-mobile370128356.jpg

420-magazine-mobile144121548.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1243495768.jpg

Got some new gear over the last few days . Humidity has been a bit of an issue so i bought one of the Ultra Mist humidifiers. It hasn't really made a difference to be honest. Without the humidifier its around 45%, with the humidifier its around 50-55%. I was expecting to see a bigger jump in RH.

420-magazine-mobile1789901592.jpg

I also just ordered an iSpring 6 stage RO system. My tap water has a pH of 7.6 and ppm 500/EC .8. Iv been told this is whats called "Liquid Concrete" and i see what they mean haha. Here's the res after i drained it the other day .

420-magazine-mobile1559297095.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom