Day 2 Veg Temp 31 Degrees Celsius Humidity 61%

MasonKz

Hi all,

Started my Veg yesterday. I am using a 100cmx100cmx200cm grow tent 600watts hps light carbon filter and a fan. I haven't turned on the carbon filter due to humidity dropping down to 31 - 40%.

I have turned down my light to 400watt due to great heat from 600. My temperature becomes 31 degrees Celsius. Which I think is too high. Or is it? I have fresh air coming in through the bottom of the tent and a fan outside to help blow in and fan inside for circulation. Should i turn on my carbin filter and let the temperature drop? It becomes 25 degrees celcius if its on. But then my humidity drops also. Any advice please?

Are you growing from clone or seed? You don't need your carbon filter running yet. Once you start having odor in a few weeks you could kick it on...
31 degrees on the high side is no big deal.
Growing from clone. Been reading alot of magazines and studying in theory. And all say 30 is maximum but im worried it will be too much for the young ladies. So how i have it atm is ok? 400watt or should i crankit up to 600. But maybe 600 will be over 31 celcius.

Never thought about that! My temp is in the corner of the tent just below the top of the plant high. They are about 10-15cm i will take a photo for you once my lights come on again in 1 and a half hours.

20190130_150920.jpg
20190130_150920.jpg

Attachments

• 20190130_151623.jpg
    20190130_151623.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 84
Once you see more growth on those clones you will want to lower your HPS to avoid too much stretch. Looks good for clones but too high for veg IMO. Never just drop the light right down... go 6 inches per day or something of that nature until you find a sweet spot where your plants are not showing signs of stress from too much light.
If heat goes any hotter than it already has I would turn that exhaust fan on. If you don't want to use the filter until you have odor you can separate them until you need it. That might extend the life of your filter a little...
Also keep in mind that having a vent open on your tent also allows light to leak in during your dark periods.
I allow fresh air to enter my tent from below. I have a 6' length of ducting that I ran through one of my lower ports in my tent and put a curve in it so light can't shine through the ducting.

Once you see more growth on those clones you will want to lower your HPS to avoid too much stretch. Looks good for clones but too high for veg IMO. Never just drop the light right down... go 6 inches per day or something of that nature until you find a sweet spot where your plants are not showing signs of stress from too much light.
If heat goes any hotter than it already has I would turn that exhaust fan on. If you don't want to use the filter until you have odor you can separate them until you need it. That might extend the life of your filter a little...
Also keep in mind that having a vent open on your tent also allows light to leak in during your dark periods.
I allow fresh air to enter my tent from below. I have a 6' length of ducting that I ran through one of my lower ports in my tent and put a curve in it so light can't shine through the ducting.
The filter is brand new so not bothered about ageing. Whats the minim temperature and humidity I can have for it to still run smoothly?

I'm really not the best one to ask so hopefully others who are more experienced will chime in.
In my novice opinion I would be concerned if my temperature got above 32, or below 21.
When it comes to humidity I personally run a little on the low side. My veg is around 35-40% and my flower seems to hover around 40-45%. I do nothing to attempt humidity control though. I probably should add a humidifier to my veg room but until I build my new room I'm just going to let it ride since I have not had any issues so far with the current conditions I have.

I'm really not the best one to ask so hopefully others who are more experienced will chime in.
In my novice opinion I would be concerned if my temperature got above 32, or below 21.
When it comes to humidity I personally run a little on the low side. My veg is around 35-40% and my flower seems to hover around 40-45%. I do nothing to attempt humidity control though. I probably should add a humidifier to my veg room but until I build my new room I'm just going to let it ride since I have not had any issues so far with the current conditions I have.
Thanks for the help and advise.

Back
Top Bottom