Can't get temp and humidity right - Help

Tmac23

Just got my 4in filter and fan today hooked everything up but my grow tent is still 88-95 degrees... With humidity at 16%... my grow tent is 48x24x60 any advice please

Just got my 4in filter and fan today hooked everything up but my grow tent is still 88-95 degrees... With humidity at 16%... my grow tent is 48x24x60 any advice please

Get your self a humidifier, and I would also get a portable ac unit and bring those temps down.

Mcjoint is right you need to get the humidity up if the plant is a sativa it can handle the high temps but 4'' inline fan should suck the room out and lower the temps are you using a 1000w HPS ??

Sounds like the tent measurement is in inches but a 4 inch extraction fan should be ok for the job.

But would question intake source & assuming passive at the moment but extraction of warm air is another question at hand !

Ideally extraction of warm air needs to be out side of the grow room area & not in the same room as ya just recycling the air/heat increasing temp over time.

I may suggest an oscillating fan to blow air around the canopy of the plants as this will help migrate temp around the plants & place thermometer etc or temp probe around plant canopy level to get a more true reading... as one may imagine you are growing in a micro climate & temp may change from top of the tent to the bottom as heat rise's.

But ye in your case of RH as others have mentioned a humidifier will aid in increasing RH or you could try the damp towel trick :thumb:

I have a dimmable 600w HPs/mh running at 400w...I have am oscillating fan in my tent and my tent is located in my living room where I have the balcony door open for fresh air and my ceiling fan running

Hey dude. I was having the exact same problem. I had a 600w light in a 1.2x1.2x.2.0m tent with a 5in extractor and passive intake. My peak temperature was 33-34c. Thought about adding a bigger extractor or an inline fan for intake but opted to have grow tube reflector instead. Read somewhere that its better to extract the heat from the source rather than the tent. Well worth looking in to. I managed get my peak temperature down to 24c. Awesome buy.

whats up bro ....iv seen huge crops small crops micro crops ...etc...people seem to think extracting air is so important its not.. bringing fresh cool air in is more important why u ask if ur air is blowing in towards ur lights keeps the lights cooler and if there cooler the lower u can putem down on ur plants the higher they r more lumens are lost at the canopy ...bigger intake small outtake is what I do ...and my buds are rock hard colas...PLANTS ARE LIKE PEOPLE...WOULD U RATHER BLOW AIR OUT OR TAKE NICE FRESH AIR IN ? BOTH RIGHT BUT IF U DONT HAVE GOOD AIR TO BREATH IN WHAT R U EXHALING DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE TO YOU ....IF I WAS U I WOULD GET A BLOWER OR ANOTHER 4 IN FAN TO GET MORE AIR IN COOLER AIR

Cat345longsti...So what would you suggest that I do?... I have another 4in inline fan how would I go about getting more air in... I placed my tent next to my balcony door that I have open and I have all flaps st the bottom of the tent open

If you have ducting holes built into the bottom of your tent then stick it in there blowing air inside your tent. If you don't have have any holes at the bottom but do at the top then connect your 4in to some ducting and run that through one of the holes. Let it hang inside the tent somewhere near the bottom.

Agreed. Inline outside the tent, connected ducting ending somewhere near the floor inside the tent with a fan spreading that cool air around.

You need two fans, one to move cold air into tent aimed at floor. One at top of tent ducted out the window. What is room temp? To keep my 1000 watt bare bulb 4x4 tent under 78 deg F room needs to be 68 or lower. Tent will cycle off at 70 and on at 74, peak at 78, repeat. One fan will not move enough air. I use 560 cfm 6" fan to move air into tent, 440 cfm 6" fan with carbon filter ducted out window.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom