Humidity question

Nickystickybuds

Hey folks. I have 2 5 gallon fabric pots in my grow tent with a 600 watt led on them. Temo stays at 85 degrees but i cant seem to find a way to pick up my humidity any solutions? Besides a humidifier my tent is packed its only 2x2. Will a bowl or cup of water left inside work? When i shut my fan off to raise the humidity the temp goes to 100 degress so i turn fan back on. Thanks

Btw guys n gals these are my plants sorry for the blurple.

Attachments

• 20190219_182703.jpg
    20190219_182703.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
you should have room for this little humidifier from Amazon. I have a 4 by 4 tent and at one time I had to run both of them.

I just read a thread and people swear by the Vick's vaporizers to lift RH quick. It's pure steam apparently and can get a 4x4 to 99% in 10 minutes. I can't verify that, but it's what I have heard.
I use a similar model as pictured above but don't have much luck in getting it much higher than 35%. I will try the vaporizer next myself.

I also hear of tricks like a bucket of water with a towel wicking the water out, hanging off the bucket. Your tent may be small enough that it would work. Worth a shot if you're looking for a short term solution.
:goodluck:

The humidifier I posted does a fair job but I'm sure there's something better out there. It has a setting for percentage of relative humidity but I always ran It Wide Open with the fan speed and as much humidity as it would put out so it wouldn't shut off and I think my humidity in the tent was maybe in the 40 or 50% range and that is when the humidity in my house was 18%

The humidifier I posted does a fair job but I'm sure there's something better out there. It has a setting for percentage of relative humidity but I always ran It Wide Open with the fan speed and as much humidity as it would put out so it wouldn't shut off and I think my humidity in the tent was maybe in the 40 or 50% range and that is when the humidity in my house was 18%
Problem is ive got literally no more room in my tent. That why i was hoping someone woukd have a good at home trick. I saw a small on on Amazon ill probably go that route. I did my last grow with only 20 percent humidity but im at the point where ive spent all my money on this might as well do it right! This is the last thing to do .ive got everything else dialed in pretty well for a beginner. Thank you. Ive got one small corner of tent left haha in other corner i got another WW germing

Problem is ive got literally no more room in my tent. That why i was hoping someone woukd have a good at home trick. I saw a small on on Amazon ill probably go that route. I did my last grow with only 20 percent humidity but im at the point where ive spent all my money on this might as well do it right! This is the last thing to do .ive got everything else dialed in pretty well for a beginner. Thank you. Ive got one small corner of tent left haha in other corner i got another WW germing
here's an idea, with the humidifier I showed you and probably all of them they have a spout where are the steam or Mist comes out. You might be able to rig-up a 4in hose from the outside of the tent and put the humidifier on the outside. But I would keep the hose very short.

Unless you buy a Humidifier with a forced fan operation it will be difficult for it to push the water vapor much beyond the existing delivery nozzle. I'm not even positive they make them. You can get wicking humidifiers with a fan but I'm not sure about ultrasonics.

You could pretty easily build a small humidifier with an ultrasonic humidifier from the house of hydro, a waterproof fan and a humidity controller. This could be placed outside the tent and ducted inside with pool hose, vacuum hose, sump discharge hose, anything with a 1-2" diameter, preferably with a smooth bore so the condensation can drain back into the humidifier.

i popped a little plastic pot with some water and a dish cloth underneath the blower fan (not extract)
just let the water soak up the cloth leave some hanging over the edge of bowl/pot and it worked a treat for me to raise humidity a bit.

I used to soak a rag in warm water and drape over one of the fans in the tent, by blowing the air through the wet cloth it would raise RH by 30-40% for a good couple hours if I kept the tent sealed. It sounds like you are using an extraction fan to help with the temps which would just suck out all the moisture in minutes.

You're plants are still pretty small you could try creating some sort of humidity dome until you figure something else out?

i popped a little plastic pot with some water and a dish cloth underneath the blower fan (not extract)
just let the water soak up the cloth leave some hanging over the edge of bowl/pot and it worked a treat for me to raise humidity a bit.
Thanks a lot brother

I used to soak a rag in warm water and drape over one of the fans in the tent, by blowing the air through the wet cloth it would raise RH by 30-40% for a good couple hours if I kept the tent sealed. It sounds like you are using an extraction fan to help with the temps which would just suck out all the moisture in minutes.

You're plants are still pretty small you could try creating some sort of humidity dome until you figure something else out?
Yes my plants are just starting out. I like the rag/water trick until i can figure something out. Yes i do only use extraction for heat purposes. Maybe ill buy one of those small fans that i can clip to the top bar of my grow tent and drape a wet rag over it. Its a snall tent so it cant be too hard. Haha. Thanks everyone

ATM, my house is at 19% humidity, with the fridged 26°f outside. My veg tent is limited for space, so I focused on the room it's in. I've managed to get between 35%-45% in my tent by running my humidifier outside next to the air intake. Hope this can help. Goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom