Day 41 veg: getting some claw and canoeing, help me understand why

The biggest issue with slow release nutrient soils is you never get what you want when you need it. Cannabis wants nutes available all the time, not released when the soil thinks it should get it. Then you give it some nutes, the soil says OK lets dish out some nutes, and before you know it you have all kinds of little things popping up.

I did not add any perlite or anything else for that matter. Been kicking myself for it too. Since I'm in a 7gal should I go up to a ten or just repot in another 7gal? Would it be advantageous to go ahead and put it in ffof if I repot it?

Do I need to add extra perlite to the ffof? Or is it good "as is". Whatever I do will more than likely have to wait until tonight or tomorrow unfortunately. Got a long day ahead of me.

Thank you for all of the advice. Means a lot. Everyone here has been super helpful and willing to give a noob a hand. It is very much appreciated.

Do I need to add extra perlite to the ffof? Or is it good "as is". Whatever I do will more than likely have to wait until tonight or tomorrow unfortunately. Got a long day ahead of me.

Thank you for all of the advice. Means a lot. Everyone here has been super helpful and willing to give a noob a hand. It is very much appreciated.
Some will add 25% perlite. I don't. It has enough imho and I have not had any issues with drainage.

I managed to make it by my local hydro store on my lunch today, grabbed a bag of ffof, perlite, another 7 gallon fabric container, unfortunately they were out of 10gals, and a jar of great white. Spent my whole lunch there talking with the owner! No food for me today lol. Had a good breakfast anyways.

They really think its under watered, she is right at 18'' tall and pushing 30" wide in the canopy. Maybe she did just grow up too fast on me. Also with the slow release soil that im currently in, the great white may help her access what's there that she can't tap into efficiently. That's the hope and dream I'm looking at atm.

I'm going to water tonight with the gallon of DI phed to 6.6 + 1/2tsp great white and give her a good 24hrs and see how she's responding. If she doesn't get to perking back up within two days I will have to bite the bullet and transplant.

I will make sure to water slow, probably only a 1/4 to 1/3 gallon at a time and give it 10-15 mins to really soak it up before giving more.

Just wanted to update anyone who may be keeping up with this

Thanks again for all the input everyone, I'll keep you all updated

I use this pots. And I don’t recommend that soil. I’d go with happy frog or ocean forest if the clones are bigger and being transplanted. I mix both and love it

Hey @Ironmike340 , not talking about transplanting clones or cuttings. Was talking about transplanting my now 42 day old little bush into a new container with different soil than what it is currently in.

But that brings me to the good news. When I got home from work I mixed in 1/2tsp of great white into the gallon of DI I phed last night and gave it to the plant in 3 goes about 15 mins apart, only got like a cup/cup and a half of run off! Less than ever before, i do solidly believe i was watering too fast pretty much until now.

But in less than 5 hours she is already perking back up. Looks like I was way over analyzing and worrying. Doesn't sound like me...

Anyways here is a pic from last night

20190925_210703.jpg

And about 10 mins ago

20190926_204126.jpg

She's happy and reaching up again this morning! Several nodes grew a full inch or more over night! Thank you again soi much for the help and advice! This community is the best :thanks::thanks::thanks::bravo::woohoo:

20190927_081307.jpg

20190927_081259.jpg

New growth is looking happier too with having raised the light about 6in @ChefDGreen

Hey @Emilya or @MrSauga do either of you have any experience with the great white product? And how often it should or shouldn't be given?
I'm sorry I don't, but my understanding is you sprinkle it along the hole you dug out for transplanting or uppotting. You moisten the hole and the walls and sprinkle the myco around so it adheres. Emilya most likely has better knowledge than me on it.

Back
Top Bottom