Dehumidifier, in the tent or in the room

Herrowpreeze

Hey grow buddies,

Been having humidity issues in my tent and winter is coming, so it’s only going to get worse .

I took the plunge and bought and Meaco abc 12l dehumidifier .

My question is , do I put it in the tent or in the room where the tent is. I can’t find a consensus on the matter some help would be appreciated much.

Bless

It depends on the size of the tent, and the airflow. In smaller, crowed tents where the air is replaced every five minutes or so a dehumidifier will not have time to remove the moisture before the air is replaced. In this case, put it in the room that you draw the air from.

For a larger, less-crowded tent, where the air is only replaced once an hour or so place the dehumidifier in the tent.

Another option that will work in both cases is to source the air for the dehumidifier in the room, and have a hood over the the output air from the dehumidifier. Use ducting, and the fan in the dehumidifier to force the air into the tent. You may want to use an air conditioner instead of a dehumidifier in this configuration. The difference is a dehumidifier removes the moisture, but increases the temperature of the air, while the air conditioner removes some moisture, and cools the air as well. The air conditioner will mix some of the source air with the cold air from its coils internally to raise its temperature enough to lower the humidity.

It depends on the size of the tent, and the airflow. In smaller, crowed tents where the air is replaced every five minutes or so a dehumidifier will not have time to remove the moisture before the air is replaced. In this case, put it in the room that you draw the air from.

For a larger, less-crowded tent, where the air is only replaced once an hour or so place the dehumidifier in the tent.

Another option that will work in both cases is to source the air for the dehumidifier in the room, and have a hood over the the output air from the dehumidifier. Use ducting, and the fan in the dehumidifier to force the air into the tent. You may want to use an air conditioner instead of a dehumidifier in this configuration. The difference is a dehumidifier removes the moisture, but increases the temperature of the air, while the air conditioner removes some moisture, and cools the air as well. The air conditioner will mix some of the source air with the cold air from its coils internally to raise its temperature enough to lower the humidity.
Solid advice bro, thanks for that. My tent for now is small so outside it will be

Back
Top Bottom