Dehumidifier and carbon filter question

The idea is for the carbon filter to pull dehumidified air into the tent to bring humidity down

you're technically doing what is called room in room. your tent or grow space is inside another room. the outside room should be able to be sealed from the rest of the living spaces - ie: the tent is behind a door. the external room is called a lung room.

if you are room in room, you will need a dehum capable of conditioning the total volume of air that the dehum sits in. it should be calculated for the entire room, as if the tent was not there.

when i ran multiple rooms, we did room in room, and ran the dehum in the lung room. while it is a preferable set up, it is not a problem to run the dehum in the tent on smaller home grows. i do not run one at all now that i'm doing smaller grows.

if you are placing the dehum in the tent itself, you should be able to get away with a smaller unit.

you're technically doing what is called room in room. your tent or grow space is inside another room. the outside room should be able to be sealed from the rest of the living spaces - ie: the tent is behind a door. the external room is called a lung room.

if you are room in room, you will need a dehum capable of conditioning the total volume of air that the dehum sits in. it should be calculated for the entire room, as if the tent was not there.

when i ran multiple rooms, we did room in room, and ran the dehum in the lung room. while it is a preferable set up, it is not a problem to run the dehum in the tent on smaller home grows. i do not run one at all now that i'm doing smaller grows.

if you are placing the dehum in the tent itself, you should be able to get away with a smaller unit.
The carbon filter removes the air too fast and replaces it with more humidified air from room outside the tent though. A small one in the tent would never keep up with the speed that the carbon filter is sucking air out and more humid air in . Lung room is same concept as my large box idea . Concentrates the dehumidified air coming Into the tent a lot more

Lung room is same concept as my large box idea . Concentrates the dehumidified air coming Into the tent a lot more

no. it isn't. you don't understand how a dehum works.

they are meant to be totally exposed.

The carbon filter removes the air too fast and replaces it with more humidified air from room outside the tent though. A small one in the tent would never keep up with the speed that the carbon filter is sucking air out and more humid air in . Lung room is same concept as my large box idea . Concentrates the dehumidified air coming Into the tent a lot more
Put a rheostat on the carbon filter fan so you can adjust the fan speed to approximately the same volume as the dehumidifier.

The carbon filter removes the air too fast and replaces it with more humidified air from room outside the tent though.

the issue is your extraction is not in line with your other equipment parameters

Put a rheostat on the carbon filter fan so you can adjust the fan speed to approximately the same volume as the dehumidifier.

this is the short answer. an adjustable extractor will help keep stuff in balance.

Here's a picture of my setup. After reading through the thread I guess I'd say my basement is the lung room. I keep the humidity under control in the basement and the air seeps into the tent through all the various openings. I keep all of the tent's access holes closed except for the carbon filter fan's exhaust.

20210609_130947.jpg

it'll overheat that little unit.
i worked around a lot of hvac and refrigeration. my pops built hockey rinks for a living.

Back
Top Bottom