Did i start a revolution? - hot bong water!

SaltyJustice

Hot water is more gaseous and better for disolving solvents. I hypothesized that it would mean more THC can be carried in your hits. Ive always tried to use the coldest water possible as have everyone Ive ever smoked with so I was surprised Id never heard of or thought of this.

I tried it out and every hit was smooth as hell and packed a new punch. Maybe I just tricked myself because I wanted it to work so badly, but its like the feeling you get in a steamy shower. The warm moist smoke was less cloudy and felt great on my chest. I definitely got fucked up as well, but Im not sure if it was more or less than usual.

Can some of you guys take a minute and please try this out? I just let my sink run a minute and put in the hottest water my sink could handle into my sherlock. Dont be afraid and just smoke like you normally would, but you will definitely see and feel the difference.

o ya if I did indeed start a revolution just remember who gets the cred :allgood:

Re: did i start a revolution? - hot bong water!!

Hmm... well you know, that DOES make sense... pretty crazy no one ever thought of that, I'll try it eventually but I'm scared really hot water might crack my bong.... might it?

Kittyloaf said:
I do that when I've got a sinus infection ^__^
Haha... it's like the new and improved Vicks.

J842P said:
Hmm... well you know, that DOES make sense... pretty crazy no one ever thought of that, I'll try it eventually but I'm scared really hot water might crack my bong.... might it?
Unlikely, As long as it doesn't go from extreme cold to hot or vise-versa, I mean I boil glass all the time with no problems, And Since here we are using hot water instead of boiling I can see no problems.

dunno dont think it would get u higher or anything but i might try this to see .. i have been cleanin my bong and had hot water in the bong and hit it .. but it just like being in the shower breathing in steam kinda. dunno

blacturboteg420 said:
dunno dont think it would get u higher or anything but i might try this to see .. i have been cleanin my bong and had hot water in the bong and hit it .. but it just like being in the shower breathing in steam kinda. dunno
Well, I don't really see why it would get you higher but it would potentially be a smooth smoke.

yeah thats what im saying but i dont even know how it will mkae it smoother .. the smoke is hot.. why have it go throught hot water and keep it hot to keep it smooth it might seem smooth because u are allready breathing in something warm before u get your hit... a smoother hit would come from coolin the smoke down .. hence diffuser and all that stuff to cool the smoke

I got a sinus infection that sounds good to me right now. I smoked in a shower with all the steam and everything. I foreel felt alot higher
I will try it soon...

I tried it a few years ago after someone suggested it was better for usage in the winter and didn't fancy it whatsoever. I found my experience was synonymous to Blacturboteg's, only that It may have gotten me slightly more stoned because the smoke/steam absorbed into my lungs more evenly/rapidly but this would also cause it to be more harsh, on top of it it being disgustingly harsh already due to the disgusting scent emnating from the mouthpeice of the bong, i think hot water is responsible for that.

In conclusion, despite the fact that I may have felt slightly more stoned after one toke, i wouldn't do it again just because its not a pleasant experience.

Though its a very good thought .

blacturboteg420 said:
yeah thats what im saying but i dont even know how it will mkae it smoother .. the smoke is hot.. why have it go throught hot water and keep it hot to keep it smooth it might seem smooth because u are allready breathing in something warm before u get your hit... a smoother hit would come from coolin the smoke down .. hence diffuser and all that stuff to cool the smoke
Because, as he said, simple chemistry. Hot water is better at disolving solvents.

I would not use it in softglass as it will crack. I used hotwater in a double chamber. 1 chamber hot water and 1 cold water. I sometimes would put hot water in my bong. It does like you say feels like a shower.

Makes sense - warm moist air helps open the bronchi in your lungs, this is why steam helps people with asthma. The more open bronchi there are the more surface area there is and thus the hit is absorbed far quicker.

:goof:

Back
Top Bottom