First on the upadate ill have the group shot
DSC_00343.JPG

This is the one proly doing the best after a weekish
DSC_00289.JPG

DSC_00317.JPG

Then the rockwool
DSC_00298.JPG

DSC_00325.JPG

Then i have one soil that is struggling =/ if anyone can tell why that would be greatly appreciated :thanks:
DSC_00309.JPG

DSC_003310.JPG

My temp is about 78-80
RH 37-42%
Im giving eighth strength nutes at this point
the HPS bulb is about 4ft about them

Re: Deiselryder grow

First of all miracle grow is notorious for containing a shit load of ferts allready usually slow releasing, in which case you definetly need to watch your feeding its sometimes to hot without adding any nutes.

Stop feeding flush em out with water and remain giving just water untill at least 3/4 weeks wait until they look like they need it.

Im growing diesel ryder now ive done it a few times check out my grow i dont even give em any veg nutes i wait untill i get some preflowers and start then with 1/4 strength nutes i never get to full strength as i only feed once every 3 days.

Just my input mate, at least the other 2 look great good luck pal! Whats happening with the one in rockwool? I use ionic with my dwc system thats why i ask wondered what hydro setup ur going to use.

Peace

GG is absolutely right. MG soil is terrible for growing MJ. As GG said, you should just give them water. For your next grow, I would suggest going with some organic soil such as Fox Farm, or you can always make your own mix of organic compost, coco, perlite, etc.

GG is absolutely right. MG soil is terrible for growing MJ. As GG said, you should just give them water. For your next grow, I would suggest going with some organic soil such as Fox Farm, or you can always make your own mix of organic compost, coco, perlite, etc.

Bang on! I use home garden straight from holland ive heard good things about plagron aswell with guano might try that next!

Peace

I am currently growing a monster of a diesel ryder in a cupboard in MG potting soil. I know that people worry about the amount of fertalisers but in my fairly limited experience, diesel ryder seems to be quite tolerant to the nutrients. I know its not the best but dont kill them in your haste to move them! These do grow really easy in soil and I'd highly recommend it if you dont want too much hassle

happy growing

Good News the one that was struggling in the soil has recovered almost completely and is looking alot better. The one that was looking good in the soil is doing even better now.The fourth and fifth sets of leaves are starting to come in very small and it is pulling ahead of the rest. The bad news is that the one in rock-wool isn't looking so good now. The seedling leaves have began to turn yellow. I will most likely post some pics of all of them within the next few hours. Although the other one recovered i still flushed them out tonight and will keep giving them ph balanced tap water. We are already 9 days in and things are going much better than i could've predicted

Good News the one that was struggling in the soil has recovered almost completely and is looking alot better. The one that was looking good in the soil is doing even better now.The fourth and fifth sets of leaves are starting to come in very small and it is pulling ahead of the rest. The bad news is that the one in rock-wool isn't looking so good now. The seedling leaves have began to turn yellow. I will most likely post some pics of all of them within the next few hours. Although the other one recovered i still flushed them out tonight and will keep giving them ph balanced tap water. We are already 9 days in and things are going much better than i could've predicted

Haha what did i tell u mate keep that water going untill 3/4 week and ul think wow look at all those nutes i DIDNT need. Then start some 1/4 strength bloom and watch them buds grow.

happy for u mate peace :hookah:

I thought i would post an update on all of the babies thus far
So first out is the one who is doing the best who i will proly just name S1. she seems to be pulling ahead of the rest. she is working on her 4th and 5th set of leaves.
DSC_001222.JPG

DSC_001514.JPG

Next is S2 who was struggling a few days ago and has since almost completely recovered. thanks to multiple people help who i am greatly appreciative of.:grinjoint:
DSC_001418.JPG

DSC_001715.JPG

And rounding out the group is the now problem child RW1. She pulled ahead of the rest in the early stages of the game but has since halted growth and i dont know why. I have heard that Rock-wool can change the ph once you add water since it has certain solvents in it. I soaked the big cube for about 20 min before transferring. so i dont think that would be the problem but as you can see the bottom leaves are turning yellow and it is much further behind than the rest. i have no experience in hydro and any help would be awesome.
DSC_001614.JPG

DSC_001322.JPG

And then just to round out the post i thought i would post a group shot along with some grow specs.
DSC_00188.JPG

Soil: Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Mix
Water: tap water with and approximate 6.0 ph (using liquid tester so cant be exact.)
Strain: Lowryder deisel
Lighting: 400w HPS about 4ft above the plants
Cycle: 18/6

Can you add any 6500K CFL's to that setup? You can use HPS for vegging but you will get far better results if you use 6500K light combined with SOME 2700K light. CFL's or MH lights would do. You can use your existing HPS and just add some 6500K CFL's.

I am taking some pictures and should have them up later tonight. S1 is thriving past the rest and the RW1 seems to be showing signs of improvement. The leaves arent saggy anymore and it is showing new growth. Although the seedling leaves are still yellow it seems to be starting to turn around.

sorry for the delays guys i have some pics here from the 25th of jan and will take some new ones today
First off a group shot
DSC_001122.JPG

DSC_001223.JPG

S1 is looking good and continuing too look very strong
DSC_000238.JPG

DSC_00189.JPG

And then S2 who is still looking good and trying to keep up with the big girl
DSC_001716.JPG

DSC_00199.JPG

And then The little girl she is still looking rough in this pic but is continuing to improve through today
DSC_000432.JPG

Since these pics all of the babies have gotten considerably larger. We have transplanted the two big girls into 3 gal pots and taken the little one out of the rock-wool to find that it was unable to penetrate the larger block with its roots. Any ideas why? But since we have put her in soil she has show great improvements.

Now for the pics from today(day 25).
First of is the little girl she seems to being pulling out everyday more and more. Growth still seems very slow but its has sped up since putting her in soil.
DSC_00923.JPG

Next is S2 who we thought was gonna die in the begining but now is flourishing.
DSC_00912.JPG

DSC_00883.JPG

and then the front runner S1
DSC_00904.JPG

DSC_00872.JPG

Then just as a side job we are doing peppers right along side.
DSC_00934.JPG

Re: Deiselryder Grow

So here i am almost 8 weeks into my lowryder grow and a few updates are in order. First off we have recieved 7more seeds from worldwide seed co:
2 Afgan Kush Ryder
2 Speeddevil
1 Veritgo
1 Fruity Chronic juice
1 Diablo II
All of which are planted in our room and about 2-3 inches tall. I will take some pics tonight and proly put them up tomorrow. Second off our three originals are looking very good. 2 of which are appearing to be harvest ready in a week or so. and the other not far behind.
But unfortunately i have encountered my first big problem. When i bought the larger bags of MG moisture control soil it had alot of clumps in the soil and wasnt as fine as the smaller bags. When i planted the new ones in the soil it appeared to be good for the first fefw days. Then the soild began to show mold on the surface. anyone have experience with this if so please any advice would help greatly

Back
Top Bottom