Dirty Harry - Acorn flowers (male) on a mature non hermie, female bud.

I was told this is a banana, is it the same thing as a male acorn? I found it on my female carmelicious 4-5 weeks into flower.

What2.JPG

I was told this is a banana, is it the same thing as a male acorn? I found it on my female carmelicious 4-5 weeks into flower.

What2.JPG

thats what youre lookin for! just got some on my widow

this is what i have on my WW, pic taken 2 days ago, i want to harvest in another 2 days from now... do i need to wait longer before i harvest the bud + harvest the pollen or is it pretty much ready to go whenever? i want to use it to pollinate my next crop

bannana.jpg

also, how long into 12/12 should i pollinate the buds? to get good viable healthy seeds

thanks

It will be pretty hard to collect polllen from that banana but you can pollenate female buds two weeks after calyx's start to form and you can harvest good seeds about 4-6 weeks after that.

Or you harvest some and leave that bud and any others that have banana's for another couple of weeks and you should have viable seeds.

exactly my thoughts obx. I'm switching from bagseed to white widow, finally got the courage to place an order! It worked, but still I wonder how smart it was to take that chance...

I cut a dozen bananas a day out of my plants... and it's pretty easy to pollinate from them. Unfortunately. Last time I grow these banana bud bagseeds.

some plants will produce bananas earlier in flowering or start going hermi from stress or something in the genetics (bagseed=not the best genetics) when i was growing bagseed i had that problem too. i think there is a difference between a plant that shows bananas early in flowering and a plant that will produce 1 or 2 after 9-10wks of 12/12.

of course you dont want the ones that show early, thats a good sign of the results you would end up with. but after 8wks or so of flowering the plant it just trying to keep its genetics going, kind of a last resort, doesnt necessarily mean its a hermi

thats how im understanding it atleast

question, how do those start out to look like? I have my bud 6 weeks done and ive noticed randomly throughout my plant very small single pod structured white and yellow balls in my bud just one here and there. Do i cut em off or what are they this is my first time growing

Back
Top Bottom