Disappointed

one MUST Quarrientine clones !!!!!! (bugs & diseases) no clones for me !!! Seed Banks are good source for seeds
@safeman , good point. I received a clone from another grower a couple yrs back and a month later I had to destroy it due to mold as well as removing parts from my other (homegrown) ladies that were also effected. Hindsight is that it was my own error for not isolating that girl from the others for a few weeks or perhaps longer.

I press that shit every day for nothing. You bring me gold, i got you lol
rosin isnt shatter, but yah, I get trim (aka waste for many) and make gold from it myself ;)

You can make shatter with a press, just smaller batches. I don't mess with that stuff that use co2 and shit on.
It is my understanding that what comes out of a press, is called rosin, and if you used solvents, it's called shatter, and the difference is mainly in the texture and finish of the end product. Both should be about as potent, tho it is said that rosin keeps the terpenes better.

Many arguments online over which one is purer, I think those are silly arguments given good quality from either method is awesome stuff, and hard to distinguish on the nail imo.

It is my understanding that what comes out of a press, is called rosin, and if you used solvents, it's called shatter, and the difference is mainly in the texture and finish of the end product. Both should be about as potent, tho it is said that rosin keeps the terpenes better.

Many arguments online over which one is purer, I think those are silly arguments given good quality from either method is awesome stuff, and hard to distinguish on the nail imo.
Shatter or budder are just consistencies and rosin vs solventless rosin is what you're referring to as 'shatter'. Either one can test anywhere from 60%-90+%, solventless does keep terpine flavor better, but for terpenes you want budder, not shatter. When you would just press at aa lower temperature. Rosin made with co2 leaves behind less plant matter, but that doesn't increase potency. The end product can be further refined, but it's not cost effective for an individual.

I received a clone from another grower a couple yrs back and a month later I had to destroy it due to mold as well as removing parts from my other (homegrown) ladies that were also effected. Hindsight is that it was my own error for not isolating that girl from the others for a few weeks or perhaps longer.
Molds and Mildews are two different things though they are related. Mold spores are very hard to kill and can remain for years on surfaces or in the air until the right growing conditions. Mildew spores do not survive freezing temperatures so each spring it could be a true new season depending on the local climate.

It is possible to have Powdery Mildew on our flowering tips and not have a mold like Bud Rot; or the other way around. Powdery Mildew is host specific meaning that one variety will grow on several different plants in an area but not on the others. IOW, if we see this mildew on some young oak trees it does not necessarily mean that it is the same specie or variety of mildew that we see on summer squash plants or cucumbers or our Marijuana plants.

Once while culling some clones I stuck the rejects into an out of the way area of the veggie garden because I felt sorry for them. Sure enough one of the three rooted in that clay soil so I started to pay attention to it. The arrow points to a weed that became covered with Powdery Mildew. My Cannabis weed plant did not show any, even after being transplanted into a large pot and eventually moved into a side room in the basement.

mildew01b.jpg

Edited to include 'auto focus'
(Camera: Panasonic Lumix Point & Shoot. Flash setting auto-flash fired. Auto exposure & auto focus.)

==========

Back
Top Bottom