Disaster Strikes? Take A Look

Gitane

Soil: used Ednas Best Potting soil EWC, dolomite lime, epsom salt bat guano mix
Blue dream seeds, 8 weeks from germination. Growth very healthy. Up potted into 7 gal on sunday with above mix.
All new growth is coming in yellow, up and down the plant. All progressing within the last 48 hours.
Any and all advise please!

image14010.jpeg

To me it looks like Iron deficiency, if you are looking for organic fix i would go with anything that has potassium in it, can be banana peals buried under the top of the soil, or garden manure :) I also heard of people using rusty water??? (do not have info about how to do that, but maybe look it up?)
As chemical nute fix i advice you to wait for someone who has exp with that :)

To me it looks like Iron deficiency, if you are looking for organic fix i would go with anything that has potassium in it, can be banana peals buried under the top of the soil, or garden manure :) I also heard of people using rusty water??? (do not have info about how to do that, but maybe look it up?)
As chemical nute fix i advice you to wait for someone who has exp with that :)

Yeah, Iron deficiency onset is possible and it does look like a reasonable deduction.

To the OP, Read the iron portion from the problem solver

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

:goodluck:

Does the yellow green up after a day or two? Rapidly growing plants often look like that until the chlorophyll begins reacting to the light.

It would be very odd for your plants to be suffering an iron deficiency right after being repotted in the same fresh soil mix you describe. To me it looks like they are loving it and bursting out in new growth. If it is lack of Fe the center will get to be a much lighter yellow soon working out from the petiole to the tips.

This is my NL girl last summer a few days after being moved up to a 2gal pot. All the new growth looked yellow for a couple of days as it came up so fast.

NL5Girl-090815-02.JPG

Measure your plant daily to see how fast she's growing but my money is on rapid growth causing the yellow new growth.

:peace:

One week later, dying a slow death. I watered them with a cal mag fertilizer with 10% iron on Tuesday. Zero effect. On Saturday, I did a foliar spray a chelated iron. Zero. Monday, I took them out of the pots and repotted with new potting soil. The roots had zero new growth.
image14295.jpeg
image14296.jpeg

Did you add things to your soil they were transplanted into?
Too much of something has caused a "lockout".
Don't transplant or add anything else to their water as they are overwhelmed and suffering transplant shock. And if they are in new soil flushing is pointless so leave them alone to rest- only water if dry.

There must be something toxic with the soil mix. Also overwatering seemed an issue. I think there was too high a percentage of EWC in the mix as the old soil didn't appear to drain well and was very, very wet. We'll see how things go over the next week with fresh clean soil.

Back
Top Bottom