DIY Odor Control Bucket

Re: Roseman's DIY Odor Control Bucket

Great thread. Like the diy bucket.
I used a jar of Odor Killer, with the skunk on it. I thought it worked very well and I liked it. I think it is the same thing as Ona regular, as the Odor Killer is plant oils. Then as the Odor Killer was getting low, I placed and order for some more nutes last fall and got a gallon of Ona Pro while I was at it. Whoa, the Ona Pro burns my nose after prolonged smelling. It is super strong. I'd recommend cutting the Pro, or having it out of major airflow, as it will over power everything. It is not anywhere near odorless as claimed. Smells clean from a distance.

Re: -------'s DIY Odor Control Bucket

Great thread. Like the diy bucket.
I used a jar of Odor Killer, with the skunk on it. I thought it worked very well and I liked it. I think it is the same thing as Ona regular, as the Odor Killer is plant oils. Then as the Odor Killer was getting low, I placed and order for some more nutes last fall and got a gallon of Ona Pro while I was at it. Whoa, the Ona Pro burns my nose after prolonged smelling. It is super strong. I'd recommend cutting the Pro, or having it out of major airflow, as it will over power everything. It is not anywhere near odorless as claimed. Smells clean from a distance.

I use ONA PRO, and I dilute it.

Look here:

Announcing ONA PRO - the powerful and Professional Odor Neutralizing Agent preferred by Hydroponics Growers

ONA-PRO-Gel-jug-4L-400.jpg

The ONA PRO is what I like much better in the buckt, than using the small jars of Jell.

2009_Grow_0042.jpg

One $19.95 Jar is twice what is needed for one grow.

Rose,
How much Ona Pro do you use per bucket and about how long does it last?

I use about ONE to tWO heaping table spoons of the PRO, mixed into about 5 inches of water in the bottom of the bucket and everyday, I add back two cups of water, as long as it is still working. That PRO is some strong stuff.

I also sat a container of the BLOCK or JELL on top of my fan, and it lasted 3 months.

I use about ONE to tWO heaping table spoons of the PRO, mixed into about 5 inches of water in the bottom of the bucket and everyday, I add back two cups of water, as long as it is still working. That PRO is some strong stuff.

I also sat a container of the BLOCK or JELL on top of my fan, and it lasted 3 months.

Thank you. Picking some up tomorrow.

This should def help cut the strength of the Pro. Thanks for the info.

Roseman, reps to you. Your bucket idea is the bomb! I picked up a tub of the Ona-Pro at a local shop, used a hole saw on a Home Depot bucket, and cannabilized and old fav I had laying around. My dry/trim room is now odor free. Just the Ona smell which actually smells pretty good. Thank you for sharing that trick.

Roseman, reps to you. Your bucket idea is the bomb! I picked up a tub of the Ona-Pro at a local shop, used a hole saw on a Home Depot bucket, and cannabilized and old fav I had laying around. My dry/trim room is now odor free. Just the Ona smell which actually smells pretty good. Thank you for sharing that trick.

+ REP for you, have ya got a pic of it to share?

k everybody doing a lil different kind of post today, dont worry theres no shortage of pictures...lol Started flushing today. just phd water. i know there are a bunch of u not flushing and some ppl say flush. so im gonna be one to try flushing . then we can alll compare notes..Came up with a mini version of ROSEMANS odor bucket. thanks for the idea ROSEMAN !! i just modified it a bit

coffee can odor bucket

DSCN3041.JPG

supplies:
3" computer cooling fan. 120 v ac.
3' lamp cord
1- outlet box {blue kind }
1- light switch
1- Big size coffee container.
2 or 3 different drill sizes { i used 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" }
Razor knife
phillips screw driver
wire nuts.
assorted screws.
Hot glue gun

First i took a jar of sour kraut, i dont like it, my mom was just visiting and she liked it. any way, the jare is the same size as the round part of the fan so i used it for a template on the lid of the coffee can.
DSCN30421.JPG

DSCN3043.JPG

Then i just cut that with my razor knife.

DSCN30451.JPG

Then i just hot glued the flange of the fan, making sure i had the air flow facing into the can.

DSCN3046.JPG

DSCN3056.JPG

DSCN3057.JPG

Next i took the blue switch box and pre drilled two small holes. then i attached the blue box to just under the lip on the can.with two small screws.
DSCN3048.JPG

DSCN3049.JPG

DSCN30512.JPG

DSCN3050.JPG

Now that the box is mounted we can drill the vent holes everywhere but of course where the box is mounted.This is where i used 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" . but whatever you have works. i just drilled a bunch of holes all the way around . i stayed about 2"-3" from the bottom so i could put ona gel and a lil bit of water too.

DSCN3052.JPG

DSCN3053.JPG

DSCN3055.JPG

DSCN3054.JPG

ok so im not an electrician but i do know enough about ac to know how to wire just about anything. I got a dimmer switch figuring i could control the speed of the fan but it doesnt work like that. it only turns on when its up all the way. but i think all the way is ok.So a regular single pole switch would work just fine.i ran the fan wires in one side of the box and the cord wires in the other side. i attached the black from the fan and the black from the cord , one to each black on the swich. my switch just had 2 blacks and a ground. I put it all inside a blue box for safety . just keep it all neat and clean.

DSCN3059.JPG

DSCN3058.JPG

DSCN3060.JPG

now screw the switch down and put the lid on ond ur done.there is enough slack with the wires from the fan to be able to remove the lid and place it down for ona refilling.

DSCN3061.JPG

DSCN3062.JPG

DSCN3063.JPG

So there you have it , your DIY Mini Odor bucket.. All said, the ona gell and the fan were the most money spent. $20 for ona fresh linen and $20 for cooling fan. about $7 for the switch,box, and lamp cord...coffee can....FREE.....after you drink the coffee. so really about $27 in parts. and $20 worth of refills.

Hello all, I also recently made a smaller version of Roseman's odor bucket. I live in a house with 9 of my friends and I choose to keep my business to myself so i had to come up with something to deal with my odor problems and this has fixed it almost 100%!! I was going to follow Rosemans guide exactly but decided i could work with things that i had around the house. I find that i need to add more water and Ona gel about once a week but i'm using less Ona than Roseman's bucket so the jar should last plenty long. I hate uploading pics to this site so i only have two pictures but i'll try to provide adequate descriptions.

During the day I keep my window open with an intake/exhaust fan bringing in fresh air so I only needed to scrub the air before it left the house a little bit and so i can allow other people to come into my room without getting a facefull of fresh ganja in their face!

First I searched my basement till i found a small container that will hold a little over 1 gallon of water, I also had a small fan on hand that is about 4" in diameter.

I then took a sharpie and traced a circle on the lid of the container that was slightly smaller than the widest part of the fan so it fits snug in the top.

I then heated a razor blade with a lighter so it would cut throu the plastic very easily. It took several re-heatings but it still cut the plastic with ease.

I then took a 1/2" drill bit and put several holes in the top half of each one of the sides of the container to allow air to be released.

I fill the container with about half a gallon of water (with brings the water level right below the holes on the side) mixed with 2 spoonfuls of ona and stir it up

Then i fit the fan snug in the hole, snap on the lid, and let the smell disappear!

100_06713.JPG

All put together!
rsz_1rsz_100_0673.jpg

I usually run this for most of the daytime because I have alot of people coming within 10 feet of the plants and i cant take any risks with it, but turn off the fan every night to preserve the Ona gel.

Some people say that it smells like I have a lemon air freshener in my room while others comment that it smells like a urinal...but either way I don't hear "Why does it smell like a rain forest in here...with a hint of pot???" anymore!

Roseman,
I just picked up a 32oz bottle of the ona pro and some 4 inch ducting. I am planning on running the ducting from my carbon/vortex to a 5 gal bucket with the ona in it. I know you have stated this before, but wanted a rehash...what would you suggest for the initial application; the ona to water ratio for a 5 gallon bucket?

Also its good to see you here at 420. I saw you a bunch around at the "other site". Welcome!!!

Roseman,
I just picked up a 32oz bottle of the ona pro and some 4 inch ducting. I am planning on running the ducting from my carbon/vortex to a 5 gal bucket with the ona in it. I know you have stated this before, but wanted a rehash...what would you suggest for the initial application; the ona to water ratio for a 5 gallon bucket?

Also its good to see you here at 420. I saw you a bunch around at the "other site". Welcome!!!

I never actually measured it, but I was adding about two tablespoons to 5 or 6 inches of water in the bottom fo the bucket!

Yea, I moved here in December, but It is not looking like a new home here today. Have you seen the Member of the Month Contest? How do you define Sore Lower?

Interesting. Odor control is a stage I have not got to yet. I do have an extractor to blow out of my window, will see how this goes before looking whether I need to set something up. Nice tips.

Back
Top Bottom