DIY Odor Control Bucket

Re: Roseman's DIY Odor Control Bucket

i did see the pic but the ona that is fresh linen scent isnt pro the jar is yellow....and the ona pro gel is blue and doesnt say anything about a scent..and is the ona pro blue jar smell like fresh linen scent does that make sense cause the one guy said dont get the regular scent it smells like public restrooms

First, thanks for the odor-control device. Pictures always help, lol.

I do not grow with HID lights, I use CFLS and for that reason, I do not need to VENT the HEAT.

For me, I had a spare bedroom, with a walk in closet, 24 inches deep, 10 feet log, 8 feet high ceiling, very full of 9 large plants, 4 of them over 50 inches tall. Yielded 18 ounces of dired manicured buds.

Just curious here. Wondering what kind of CFL setup you use that will net you 18 ounces of bud and yet not produce the heat of a traditional HID? A friend is asking me for advice. Said he's experiencing more heat with them than with a 400-watt HPS he used to have - and he's only got around 500 watts' worth of CFLs which are producing far fewer lumens than his old HPS did (which is probably the reason for the heat, I would guess, since lights take electricity and make light and heat, and if they're making less of the one...). I believe he said that he's producing roughly 62%-65% of the (light) output that he was able to produce with the HPS.

Would appreciate any info that I can pass along. Was going to post a general thread asking about such but as I've not seen anyone else post that they managed such a harvest, I figured I'd just ask you specifically.

Thanks!

First, thanks for the odor-control device. Pictures always help, lol.

Just curious here. Wondering what kind of CFL setup you use that will net you 18 ounces of bud and yet not produce the heat of a traditional HID?

See the links in my signature, the Harvest Link is the 18 ounces and the DWC/Deep Water Culture Tutorial (under construction) is the grow.

In VEG, I had
3 6500k 85 watt bulbs
1 6500k 105 watt bulb
1 5000k 105 watt bulb
2 4100k 105 watt bulbs
2 3000k 105 watt bulbs
over three containers, over 14 plants.
In Flowering, I added 4 additional 2700K 85 watt bulbs.

Some things to consider,
The closet door always stays open.
Four of the lights are outside of the closet facing toward the sides of the grow and seldom seen in the pics.
In August, I had the central air conditioner on, when the grow started. By October, I had the cental heat on that room.
In August, I had some 87 degree temps in the closet, by October, it stayed 84 degrees.
There are three fans, one ceiling fan, one giant oscilating fan blowing toward the lights and top of the plants, and one small oscilating fan blowing from the floor on the tanks.
The Tube Type CFLs get hotter than the Spiral ones.

I am finishing my bucket tomorrow, I just need the fan. Thanks for sharing Roseman! :thanks: :peacetwo:

I have 2 pc fans pulling air into the bottom of my tent, and two pc fans pulling air out of my tent at the top, and a clip on vornado for air circulation inside.

I have the provisions for this Dr. Roseman's DIY OCB and am wondering if I can just set this next to my tent and it will kill the oder coming out of my tent? or do i need to get some flexible ducting and have the pc fans push the air directly into the bucket and out the holes in the bucket?

Tent is 2x4x7, 400w MH/HPS, dwc/drip feeder, BP.

Sorry, I dont have any pictures, I am still in the 'patiently planning' and 'slowly acquiring my gear' stages. :reading420magazine::hmmmm:

Thanks in advance.

I have 2 pc fans pulling air into the bottom of my tent, and two pc fans pulling air out of my tent at the top, and a clip on vornado for air circulation inside.

I have the provisions for this Dr. Roseman's DIY OCB and am wondering if I can just set this next to my tent and it will kill the oder coming out of my tent? or do i need to get some flexible ducting and have the pc fans push the air directly into the bucket and out the holes in the bucket?

Tent is 2x4x7, 400w MH/HPS, dwc/drip feeder, BP.

Sorry, I dont have any pictures, I am still in the 'patiently planning' and 'slowly acquiring my gear' stages. :reading420magazine::hmmmm:

Thanks in advance.

If you can, I 'd use the flexible ducting to filter the air coming out as you stated. BUT, if you're going to do that, I'd go ahead and just make a carbon scrubber filter.
If put in the tent? I don't know. I haven't had that experience. I put mine near the plants, in a closed small room and it works fine. .

You're the man. pretty soon we can start just refering to your techniques as the "Roseman Setup."

:thanks:roseman : thx for the info on this i built one for my girls , but i live in b.f.e. but i found a gel from natrual magic same stuff .. i put it in and turned my fan on ( the wife says she can smell the girls growin :) anyways the house smell no more ..well like suttle vanilla..thx so much..:thumb:

Depending upon where u live, smells may be more noticable at night when it is quiet and less distractions for passers by :) It comes down to when people might notice, simple as that really amigo :)

My herb has become so insanely stinky that I've had to experiment quite a bit to get the smell under control. The solution for me was to mix 1 cup of ONA pro with about 5" of water in the bucket. After 3 days, I add another 1/2 cup ONA and about 2 cups of water (to bring the level back to about 5"). This is a highly concentrated solution, and most people probably won't need it this strong, but it's the only thing that is maintaining a stink-free environment in & around my property. And yes, my fan runs 24/7. The moment it stops, the stink begins to creep back into the house.

I went through 1 quart of ONA pro in about 2 weeks. I had to order a large, gallon size for $35 but it was about $15 to deliver it because it weighed so much.

I have my grow room venting into my attic with a 6" inline duct fan, moving about 120CFM. I have it running from 5pm to 7am, then on & off every 1/2 hour during the day. If I turn my odor control fan off, you can actually smell herb if you stand underneath the soffits of my roof, outside. It's not a constant odor, just a stray whiff every once in a while. The real problem is inside the house. That smell creeps everywhere.

I really hope I can lower the concentration, thus saving me $$, on the next grow. I'm doing a different strain & pray it won't stink so bad. I hope I don't have to use more that I do now when I harvest & dry in a few weeks!

A carbon filter & 4" can-fan would run about $200 delivered. The filter would be good for at least 1 year, and only costs about $50 to replace. A gallon of ONA costs $50 delivered, too. At the rate I use it, I think 2 gallons would cover 3 grows a year. Decisions, decisions...

Back
Top Bottom