Doctor Who's Grow

subscribed ! Have to come back when I have more time to read, but didn't want to forget in the meantime ! Keep up the good work doc.

Hey Doc, nice grow. I'm following.

That set up you want to build is a nice set up. I built one very similar this last summer after seeing it in a magazine. The set up works good. I just ran into issues of the res wanting to fluctuate to much. I wasn't growing pot in it but testing peppers. I found that the 5 gallon buckets like hydrofarm has work better for me. I built my own buckets more along the lines of a dwc/drip feed setup. I am wanting to get my aeroponic setup back and running for a mass/single strain crop more of a commercial mass production set up. The sprayers in the aeroponics cannot take the organic foods as well as the dwc/drip and that is another reason I like the buckets. Let me know if I can help if you decide to build that type system.

I found the beginning of spider mits, and since! I am in the bud stage and last 3 to 4 weeks before harvest Yes starting to see amber hairs happening, I decided to use a home made brew, I made the following mitacide from one of my books recipes, 1 gallon of water, one or more of the following : 1/2 - 1 ounce of garlic, 1 - 3 oz's of onion, 1/2 oz cloves, 1/2 - 1 oz's of cayenne pepper, which out it will get to you, I then put that in a coffee bean grinder and made to a fine powder then dropped that in boiling water for 10 min, let it cool then poor in a 1 gallon jug, try it on a few leaves first make sure it will not hurt the plants.

Hey Doc hows the mitacide working out for you?

Here's news on this grow above it's going in the trash! turns out I guess I cloned a male (dum ass) before I knew it was a male somehow? and just wasted a month on this small grow.

Ouch that has got to hurt. Well, you could always make some seeds...

Hey Doc hows the mitacide working out for you?

Ouch that has got to hurt. Well, you could always make some seeds...

Mitacide seems to be working, the real problem is that some pollen from the male plants had got on my hands and came in to contact with some flowering buds, (wash your hands after handling males) so a few buds are now developing seeds, this was not the result I was looking for.

It's a good thing this grow is a shake down run to work out the bugs! still isn't the direction I needed the plants to go

Thanks much grooster and it's great to meet you friend, yeah it's a work in progress, yes? and the bud pron will be getting real interesting soon and I will be posting pictures of that, the buds are slowly turning to cola's and that is a real trip to watch, these babies should be ready end of Jan or mid Feb, hopefully Jan 2010!

I was real taken with the Deep Water Culture system in how fast the plants grow, 1" or more a day Wow! but I don't like the fact that I have to mess with the plants to change the res water not a big hassle but? I plan on using 2 different system soon Deep Water Culture an aeroponics.

I am looking to do a build, of this new system in the near future

flower_photos01.jpg

looks to be a bit easier to maintain and the tank can be moved out and cleaned an a res water change with out disturbing the plants.:grinjoint: that I like! because once the buds really ripen it's best not to be knocking them aroundand moving and handle them to much.

Oh yes my friend, Spoilers yes! I will be posting spoilers soon enough, I see you use a drip system, what stage are your plants in?

Doctor Who

How's things going bud ? Hope the new year is treating you good, and giving us all some much needed work !

Have been slowly reading through your grow journal. First of all, well written. Its actually entertaining to read. You type like someone talks ya know ? Makes it more "friendly" almost. You posted the aero system on your first page. One with PVC supports and such.

Do you know if they are truly made from PVC material ? Awhile back, some grow tents were being built using PVC supports, and due to the intense lights and differnt UV type rays I believe, the PVC gave off a BAD chemical that wreaked havoc on the plants inside the grow tent. Might want to check into that. PVC is some nasty, toxic stuff that I wouldn't want near anything I am ingesting or smoking. Just something to think about.

Was that a DIY type system ? Or a complete kit ?

:rollit:

For anyone wanting the square fence post, go to homer's place or lowes. I think it is 5x5 fence post. You just have to look at it and get the right sections of fence post. I followed those same plans and built one of those systems. Those plans are missing a few parts, I think it was 2 or 4 short for 90's and maybe afew tee's short too. I think the guy was stoned when he wrote up the parts list. I didn't use any of the glue so I could break it down, there are no leaks, and plus what is it just going to do,, drip back into the res. I did upsize the frame from 1" up to 1 1/2". It makes a big difference as support goes. If you have any questions on this system I can find my notes and try to help.

How's things going bud ? Hope the new year is treating you good, and giving us all some much needed work !

Have been slowly reading through your grow journal. First of all, well written. Its actually entertaining to read. You type like someone talks ya know ? Makes it more "friendly" almost. You posted the aero system on your first page. One with PVC supports and such.

Do you know if they are truly made from PVC material ? Awhile back, some grow tents were being built using PVC supports, and due to the intense lights and differnt UV type rays I believe, the PVC gave off a BAD chemical that wreaked havoc on the plants inside the grow tent. Might want to check into that. PVC is some nasty, toxic stuff that I wouldn't want near anything I am ingesting or smoking. Just something to think about.

Was that a DIY type system ? Or a complete kit ?

:rollit:
Thanks Bro!

As for an answer! well the hydroponics shop owner I know suggested building rather than buying and suggested the same parts, I have looked into it an there shouldn't be any problem but nothing is ever a 100% for sure, but these parts get pretty wiped out! even after the first run!

I know my SH bubble system looks like it's been used for years after the first run, so I plan on renewing the tanks rather than use something that is going to chemically broke down anyway after some many use's, remember water can wear mountains down to plains.

Look I'm critical about my grows and always thinking I didn't do a very good! or a good enough grow and am a bit critical! about it, but a few of my friends keep saying I grow great shit! but to me that's only their opinion! it's never good enough for me and I have to push it to the limit! go figure? I am looking for the fastest growing medium possible and am exploring all avenues of grow systems and will settle on the one that grows plants the fastest for me and my needed rquirements and not use one just because it's popular with everyone.

I will find what I am comfortable with to settle on an DWC/Deep Water Culture is only just one so far.

I wouldn't worry about the white pvc. I'd imagine that most of these bubble tubs have BPA in the plastic, so what is one to do. Anyway the white pvc is what is providing water to many of the newer homes from the last 10-15 years, esp in pre-fabed modular homes. So if it is safe enough to provide drinking water, I'd grow plants in it. Heck I'd be more worried about growing in black pots (ABS) which is not allowed for water supply. Go to any nursery and all the plants are in black (ABS) pots.

I came home today and one plant was dying an the leaves close in to the buds where also dying and drying up, so I had an early harvest not to early but better than loosing the plant.

005232.JPG

006198.JPG

:grinjoint:Well maybe a 3/4 OZ maybe 1 Oz if more I'm luck, and the left overs will be made in to hash of course. And it's the waiting game tic toc:popcorn:, the other 2 plants are okay so far and should be another 2 weeks maybe 3.:smokin: yummy.

For now! I'm off to the end of time.

I would have done the same thing Doc..It'll smoke!!

Yeah LHF" should smoke fine! Tic Toc" Tic Toc" drying" the clock is running out on the other 2 plants also.

I have some roadrunner/lowryder seeds that I started gemming Sunday night dam things are sprouting already! guess there will be about 1 week to get that going in my drip system.

Hey Doc, cool pic of the leafless plant. Looks like some kind of all-bud strain from space LOL. Yep, you'll have some nice smoke real soon. You gonna just chop her or do you have an interesting technique to share?

Hey Doc, cool pic of the leafless plant. Looks like some kind of all-bud strain from space LOL. Yep, you'll have some nice smoke real soon. You gonna just chop her or do you have an interesting technique to share?

Yeah No! not really,maybe? possible!
I am keeping it simple with the old ways (time) Dry it then it goes in cur jars for a few weeks or more, but that also depends on supply an demand, and if I'm out also lol, that was the long answer right!!

At my collective, the owner and I were talking about cur methods, they will even dry and cur for me if I wanted! as he had told me they are more concerned about the dry an cur part of the process for end results! ie taste! flavor! how it smokes an so on! you can grow all you want but if it isn't dried and cur'd right! they may not want it! or they will give you less for it, that's if not done right.

Yes, I will be reading up as much as I can about curing and drying as my first attempts at these arts will be forthcoming soon. What a waste to grow 3-4mo and get some terrible tasting buds? No thanks. Well, keep it real. Looking forward to your next update.

L8ER

I found the beginning of spider mits, and since! I am in the bud stage and last 3 to 4 weeks before harvest Yes starting to see amber hairs happening, I decided to use a home made brew, I made the following mitacide from one of my books recipes, 1 gallon of water, one or more of the following : 1/2 - 1 ounce of garlic, 1 - 3 oz's of onion, 1/2 oz cloves, 1/2 - 1 oz's of cayenne pepper, which out it will get to you, I then put that in a coffee bean grinder and made to a fine powder then dropped that in boiling water for 10 min, let it cool then poor in a 1 gallon jug, try it on a few leaves first make sure it will not hurt the plants.

Hope that works I did sit down and cleaned each leaf by hand first on all the plants! I set a/c to 60 degrees to keep the room under 70 degrees! this is to slow or stop their reproduction as I work my way thought all the plant in the next few days just to make sure I make it to the finish line here.

If any comments please post them as quote this post Thanks.
Hi Doctor
Nice set up first off.
Its beautiful.
The roadrunner is a great choice but I am not too sure how beneficial cloning an AF is
It seems a bit pointless but I have to say that the roadrunner really is a nice strain. It was my very first autoflowerer

Believe it or not I noticed the freckled leaves on the first page and recognized them immediately as i have just discovered the same thing on my plants and i am anal like you with the cleanliness
It just takes ONE spider mite to get into your grow and they can play havoc REAL quickly

Some good things to do.

1/ Move your light up some. They love the high, dry heat.
2/ lower the grow room temps if at all possible
3/ take off ALL fan leaves that are severely damaged
4/ Spray down the undersides of every leaf in your grow with quick jets of water to knock them off your plants. Do this as often as you can. Even squeeze them off every leaf if possible
5/ get some NEEM oil....you can use this until about 2 weeks prior to harvesting...its non toxic and works VERY well
6/ If possible order some MITE RID. Its from Australia but can be purchased from this place in the states
Mite-Rid For the prevention and eradication of Spider Mites
7/ Try and bring in some ladybugs if possible. They can kill off many of these mites without doing any damage to your plants. PLUS they actually benefit from the neem oil whereas other predatory mites and things don't.
8/ If you introduce predatory mites then you don't have any other options but wait to see who is winning and the spider ones just might.
8/ Keep plants well watered and maintained as usual. It is crucial that your plants get the best possible care right now as they life is in danger.
9/ learn as much as you can about these pests

This is a VERY SERIOUS pest and you might want more than the remedy you have going to combat these things.

Good luck with your grow.
Its quite impressive

Hi Doctor
Nice set up first off.
Its beautiful.
The roadrunner is a great choice but I am not too sure how beneficial cloning an AF is
It seems a bit pointless but I have to say that the roadrunner really is a nice strain. It was my very first autoflowerer

Believe it or not I noticed the freckled leaves on the first page and recognized them immediately as i have just discovered the same thing on my plants and i am anal like you with the cleanliness
It just takes ONE spider mite to get into your grow and they can play havoc REAL quickly

Some good things to do.

1/ Move your light up some. They love the high, dry heat.
2/ lower the grow room temps if at all possible
3/ take off ALL fan leaves that are severely damaged
4/ Spray down the undersides of every leaf in your grow with quick jets of water to knock them off your plants. Do this as often as you can. Even squeeze them off every leaf if possible
5/ get some NEEM oil....you can use this until about 2 weeks prior to harvesting...its non toxic and works VERY well
6/ If possible order some MITE RID. Its from Australia but can be purchased from this place in the states
Mite-Rid For the prevention and eradication of Spider Mites
7/ Try and bring in some ladybugs if possible. They can kill off many of these mites without doing any damage to your plants. PLUS they actually benefit from the neem oil whereas other predatory mites and things don't.
8/ If you introduce predatory mites then you don't have any other options but wait to see who is winning and the spider ones just might.
8/ Keep plants well watered and maintained as usual. It is crucial that your plants get the best possible care right now as they life is in danger.
9/ learn as much as you can about these pests

This is a VERY SERIOUS pest and you might want more than the remedy you have going to combat these things.

Good luck with your grow.
Its quite impressive

Hello Lacy nice to meet you! and thanks for the tips, I had to take 1 whole plant out and harvest it because of the mites and a blunder with a bud enhancer, but the other 2 are looking good thus far, I use a special spray I got from my local hydroponics store, $24.95 for a small vile 2 or 3 applications! you add 35 drips per gallon and only be used during the dark time as light nutralizes the solution, I did use my home made mix first then the new solution a 3 or 4 days later.

I did first go in there and hand clean all leaves on the plants with a soapy water sponge,then used a sprayer with cold water then the soapy water an sponge and so on! it seems under control but I am keeping a close which and will continue to clean and take off leaves when need hope I make it to the finish with a loss, and dam friend! by now I am a dam expert on these litlle Frackers.

This happened because I didn't sterilize the grow room good enough to start with, I originally start a soil grow that started this reappearance of the little MF'ers, I have a new 3'w X 4'L X 5'h tent waiting to be setup and used for the roadrunner strain as they we're gem on Sunday and have alread started to pop by Monday afternoon Wow! that was fast!

I am getting a ebb & flow or drip system together later this week or early next, I plan to use a cycle with strains that have a short start to finish time frame, grows to from a short to medium hight, and will flower early on for me, auto flower is! but then again is not! a problem.

I figure I would have to clone before they flower which for this strain they say it will autoflower around the 20th day after the first leaves develop, and that's how the cycle starts! the clones will be ready to go in to flower almost immediately if not with in the 20th day of autoflower! so 6 flowering / 6 in veg then 6 in clone, repeat cycle til you want to sart up a new strain, hay sounds good on paper you know, one has to be aware that all does not always go according as planned.

I'll have to come back and check spelling later!

Oh Yea Dude!! Awesome video. I thought, "Mission Impossible". Great look at the ladies in all their majesty as well. Buds are looking huge and heavy. The one plant is getting quite a bit of wind directly on her...Love the tent man, its well done. Did you mention what your doing for odor?

L8ER

Back
Top Bottom