Doctor Who's Grow

hey man plants looking good as usuall I make sure no chance of root rot using hydrogen peroxide 35% food grade specialy in buckets and bubblers or as in my case aerophonics just took my ladies down first time cinderella99 man they look great cant believe the smell like I was eating grapefruit so strong I have some great pics there too big and I dont know how to upload pics yet wish it was dry enough to smoke some cant wait to taste it wonder if it will also taste like grapefruit

hey man plants looking good as usuall I make sure no chance of root rot using hydrogen peroxide 35% food grade specialy in buckets and bubblers or as in my case aerophonics just took my ladies down first time cinderella99 man they look great cant believe the smell like I was eating grapefruit so strong I have some great pics there too big and I dont know how to upload pics yet wish it was dry enough to smoke some cant wait to taste it wonder if it will also taste like grapefruit

Thank you! Harryo usally does taste good if cured right, I'll bet it will turn out to be great smoke get some pic's up Bro love to see them! on the other I am talking root rot pre-prevention from the start and using something that will not affect PH, I don't believe hydrogen isn't ph neutral but will need to double check that statement.

Well there goes plans out the door for a while, Vet this morning bill $623 bucks gotta love your animals to do this, over a year ago my doberman Athena she was in kidney failure from something she had eaten or drank, but the Vet! this lady didn't want to write her off and ask to try to save her! and saved her she did! an that was well wroth the cost of $3500 but I think there was something else involved there! if follow my drift.

X 2 Roseman, I think he missed your q but since I'm curious too I'll repeat it...Doctor, how long does it take to dry an entire plant like that? It appears to be quite the healthy size.

It depends on the room where you are drying, the garage is where it hangs right now and is the only room I can dry in for now, temps in there are cool but a steady cool, it will take 10 to 15 days shorter if the room is wormed up to a steady 80 degrees with fans bounching off wall and not directly blowing on them, veryone here has some kind of drying method and they all will differ, I just hang them and let thm dry baby! I can't see any need to be anal about it if your not drying big amounts, you also have to watch for the usual problems that can happen mold and so on.

Doctor Who,

I just saw your post about Van Halen playing Barnacle Bills in Duarte in another thread. I know they played there in 1974 and 1975, but I didn't know they practiced there during the day.

I'm a big VH fan and I am trying to do a little research about some of these early shows that VH played. Maybe you could please help me out? I can't send PMs here yet, so could you please send me an email to g*ren*off*1 at aol dot com? (just remove the asterisks - I get way too much spam as is!) :)

Apologies in advance for the OT post...

Thanks and hope to hear from you!

Doctor Who,

I just saw your post about Van Halen playing Barnacle Bills in Duarte in another thread. I know they played there in 1974 and 1975, but I didn't know they practiced there during the day.

I'm a big VH fan and I am trying to do a little research about some of these early shows that VH played. Maybe you could please help me out? I can't send PMs here yet, so could you please send me an email to g*ren*off*1 at aol dot com? (just remove the asterisks - I get way too much spam as is!) :)

Apologies in advance for the OT post...

Thanks and hope to hear from you!

No problem I usualy have problems getting through to anyone on AOL but I'll give it a try for you.

Hay rememebr the white rhino picture below.
100_1574_2_.jpg

It has finished drying been in cur jars just a few days but that plant above yeilded 128 grams or 4 oz's and 12 grams

Thanks! Sounds good - if I don't see an email from you at aol at some point soon I will post again with another email address...

108046b_lg.jpg

Yeah it failed to send, great picture of David I enjoyed drinking with that guy hell of a lot fun back then, I'm sure he wouldn't remember me though but Mike would just with my last name he would we had a little more history as friends plus his brothers.

Hi there Doc -

If you don't mind, try grenoff at gmail dot com

That should work.

Thanks again!

Thanks! Sounds good - if I don't see an email from you at aol at some point soon I will post again with another email address...

108046b_lg.jpg

Yeah it failed to send, great picture of David I enjoyed drinking with that guy hell of a lot fun back then, I'm sure he wouldn't remember me though but Mike would just with my last name he would we had a little more history as friends plus his brothers.

28 days in on 16/8 but moving to 12/12 tonight, the roadrunner is a bit on the lite side of being full (spindly) so I did move the lighting down closer it is a 150wtt hps and is not enough for flower, I am working on getting my 400wtt on them, I plan on getting 2 store bought cool tube and venting fan, so I can vent or push/pull the heat from the light, I had a few set backs from the pocket so this will happen in a week or so.

The cabinet is DIY and is like the one's you can buy for about $1800 but is only good to get the plants to the flower stage, I am going to try to take it pass that in this cabinet.

Roseman had a post on the Deep Water Culture home page that most new growers should look at, it's on lighting and in my book lighting and lumens is the key here, heed his wise words of his advice, the lack of the right amount of light will have you spinning your wheels and ending up with spindly plants with a low yeild below the oz level, I don't like spindly plants you don't get much of a yeild from them, so look for the correction I plan on setting up on these plants in the next week or so and you will see a big difference once done.

008231.JPG

009193.JPG

010194.JPG

28 days in on 16/8 but moving to 12/12 tonight, the roadrunner is a bit on the lite side of being full (spindly) so I did move the lighting down closer it is a 150wtt hps and is not enough for flower, I am working on getting my 400wtt on them, I plan on getting 2 store bought cool tube and venting fan, so I can vent or push/pull the heat from the light, I had a few set backs from the pocket so this will happen in a week or so.

The cabinet is DIY and is like the one's you can buy for about $1800 but is only good to get the plants to the flower stage, I am going to try to take it pass that in this cabinet.

Roseman had a post on the Deep Water Culture home page that most new growers should look at, it's on lighting and in my book lighting and lumens is the key here, heed his wise words of his advice, the lack of the right amount of light will have you spinning your wheels and ending up with spindly plants with a low yeild below the oz level, I don't like spindly plants you don't get much of a yeild from them, so look for the correction I plan on setting up on these plants in the next week or so and you will see a big difference once done.

You are absolutely right about the lighting, it is crucial! My one comment about your lighting is get it close to the plants! Remember the inverse square law! I will put my 400w within 6" to 8" of my tops, I've singed the tops a couple of times, you have to stay on top of it, but a singe from the light doesn't seem to hurt the plants much if at all. Just keep it tight and keep a close eye on it, I sometimes have to raise my lights every day.

Great setup. :bravo: I do have a question.

Whats the deal with the styrofoam plates?

You are absolutely right about the lighting, it is crucial! My one comment about your lighting is get it close to the plants! Remember the inverse square law! I will put my 400w within 6" to 8" of my tops, I've singed the tops a couple of times, you have to stay on top of it, but a singe from the light doesn't seem to hurt the plants much if at all. Just keep it tight and keep a close eye on it, I sometimes have to raise my lights every day.

I guess I sould move it down more now I needed another fan to cool in there so close it will go, I am thinking of putting a 400wtt in here with a cool tube and venting at both end push pull.

Nice harvest on the white rhino :goodjob::thumb:

gonna be interesting to see how that blueberry cheese turns out :nomo::popcorn:

+rep

dro :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom