Doctor Who's Grow

Sorry to jump back in your thread. I was wondering how that exile you had going did? I speed read and must have missed it. Sorry if I did. It is fine smoke, kind of deisel taste to it but stoney. I had to withdraw that pic wasn't a nugget tho so I dont think it will take plant of the month tho. Thx for looking in and hope that exile you had was as smooooooth as mine. Stay Down

Hey Dr. Who! Ladies are lookin good bro. How bad are your heat issues? I've got a couple hps ballasts, and from my experience you will always have heat issues when you purchase a new system til the bulb is broken in. After a week the temps will be very managable. My 400 was running @ like 86 degrees for the first week. After about a week it stayed steady at 79 then even dropped to 74/75. Your ladies look great tho, i wouldnt exhaust too much energy & $$ into cooling it yet. After a week you may see that the temps become very managable.. Anyway Im stayin posted :cheer::popcorn:

+rep

The heat isn't as long I don't close the door's tiil the light goes out it is only a 16"dx32"wX72"h metal cabinet, both my hps 400's lights have been through a whole other grow so plenty of hours on them, the venting would be more for the new grow tent (3'x4'x5')I will be setting up, the other 6'x6'x6' with A/C grow tent that I had my other grow going in, being moved to the garage once I have what I need cleared out of there, then the other will be moved in there, I'll be posting all that when it comes to that time.

Wow the roadrunner is looking good the flowering has actuly picked up from yesterday, the growth is like said, I had removed as suggested by the seed provider the bottom branches that will be blocked by the upper main branches! this is to help the main branches grow huge buds! guess we'll see, but I have to say this is the fastest seedling to flowering I have seen so far! from seedling to flowering 26 days.

On my other grow the bottom branches and their buds were small and useless, little pop corn buds! so removing the bottom group of branches will help the over all growth of the plant, it's energy is redirected and goes to the upper branches where it counts the most, and should help yeild larger buds on the main branches.

The roadrunner here looks to be skimpy but! at a second look you can see what is happening here, the plants design is to generate each of the branches to develop into huge buds, believe this or not but the grow cabinet is starting to become to small now for this plant and the trainwreck, but for the roadrunner it's bud up from here on up, wach of those branches will be colas.

You can also see there will be no problem with upper leaves blocking the lower branches and buds, it will get plenty of light all through the plant right down to the bottom branches..
002331.JPG

I like this plant! you can see the flowering and the the 7 to 8 branches that will become the colas, as it grows I will post the results of the flowering plant, watch with me as the colas develop.

The trainwreck is also out growing the grow cabinet, something went on last night between these 2 plants! because looking in on them this morning they were screaming we want a bigger growroom
and they will get one.
004292.JPG

They seem to have shoot up from last night leaving me with the need to move them to bigger grow box.

Dr. Who, I'm a little late to your party. I found your thread because I'm growing some White Rhino myself. Overall, I'm diggin' the strain. Anyways, I laughed a few pages back when I read that you were replacing iced water bottles in your rez. I had some heat problems in my EZ Cloner last summer and did that for about a month. Finally got tired of it, and found a chiller. EZ Cloner 60 holds about 9 gallons. The chiller reduces my temps by maybe 4 degrees. Not much, but without it my water temps were around 80 degrees.

Got it online from an aquarium store. It's called "IceProbe" by Nova Tec Products. Cost about $100. Well, ok, probably won't actually work at all for you depending on the size of your reservoir, but someone else might find the info helpful.

Good luck with your grows.

Dr. Who, I'm a little late to your party. I found your thread because I'm growing some White Rhino myself. Overall, I'm diggin' the strain. Anyways, I laughed a few pages back when I read that you were replacing iced water bottles in your rez. I had some heat problems in my EZ Cloner last summer and did that for about a month. Finally got tired of it, and found a chiller. EZ Cloner 60 holds about 9 gallons. The chiller reduces my temps by maybe 4 degrees. Not much, but without it my water temps were around 80 degrees.

Got it online from an aquarium store. It's called "IceProbe" by Nova Tec Products. Cost about $100. Well, ok, probably won't actually work at all for you depending on the size of your reservoir, but someone else might find the info helpful.

Good luck with your grows.

Thanks for the info SnowKing, yeah to bad my white rhinos ended up hermi's, the chiller wouldn't work for me I am using 3 to 5 bubble bucktets and not a main tank so I would have to get one for each so more like $400 for me, but I do have one of those small size refrigerator no scratch that 2 and been thinking I may be able to convert them in to something usefull for cooling the water some how, so I have that on the drawing broad for now!

This summer is going to be a real bitch in keep anything cool as far as Deep Water Culture goes, but I will try to over come the problem some way, just need to use that brain.

I'm a fan of the Roadrunner strain (Hope you saw SouthernWeeds grow).

I think his finished 56 days from seed. I've know others to go 67 and 75 from seed (not flowering time)

The 67 days grow showed pistals on day 15

Cool little plants, I'm watching with interest.

I got the tent up and the light plants, and fan's and venting in an dam it looks good.
006244.JPG

New 4' L X 3' w X 5' h took about 15 min to put up and anther 20 min to get all in there, now we see if the tent works in helping this grow.
010200.JPG

Look at this trainwreck she is taking off and looks to be real gold mine.
009203.JPG

The roadrunne has more room to grow the buds, the new tent is great for getting light everywhere, Nice.

I'm a fan of the Roadrunner strain (Hope you saw SouthernWeeds grow).

I think his finished 56 days from seed. I've know others to go 67 and 75 from seed (not flowering time)

The 67 days grow showed pistals on day 15

Cool little plants, I'm watching with interest.

I am sure how their fed and the lighting will be the tell! but in this I can't be 100% sure but I hear you Bro, I'll be happey if under 90 days to the harvest but am hoping for a shorter seed to harvest time yes! guess we'll see Yeah?

Thanks for the info and input all that helps for future grows so if you gat some info please post it.

Lookin good Doctor, cool tube looks great as well. I'm gonna have to put something together soon before the summer heat starts rollin in. :nicethread:

That tent is big enough to camp out in.

The plant's are loving it though, I guess it's the fact that the walls are closer to reflect light all around them but gives them room to spread out..

Just look at the trainwreck this plant has went bonkers in here! and is growing like nut's this could be a problem as far as this tent size goes now, not sure if I'll have to do the bending method or not, but may be likely needed here you think?
002333.JPG

I am just happy that their turning out female or at the least I know the trainwreck and the roadrunner are! but not sure yet of the DNA LA Women she has not show me it's sex yet! hoping for the best.

3 females would be fantastic don't you think?

Three females would be great...I have yet to get more than one, kind of like when I go fishing. I am the anti-fisherman no matter where I go...freshwater, saltwater, rivers, lakes, whatever. So with that in mind I've tried cloning this time around; that and I'm out of seeds lol

I would recommend LST too. At the height those are now they'll be pushing the light in to the roof within a month of flowering. You don't have to bend them straight over to LST, since it appears you may have some issues with distance to neighboring plant(s) you could train them to grow upwards in a spiral that way you would not require as much horizontal space and would give each plant some extra shoulder room.

Three females would be great...I have yet to get more than one, kind of like when I go fishing. I am the anti-fisherman no matter where I go...freshwater, saltwater, rivers, lakes, whatever. So with that in mind I've tried cloning this time around; that and I'm out of seeds lol

I would recommend LST too. At the height those are now they'll be pushing the light in to the roof within a month of flowering. You don't have to bend them straight over to LST, since it appears you may have some issues with distance to neighboring plant(s) you could train them to grow upwards in a spiral that way you would not require as much horizontal space and would give each plant some extra shoulder room.

Thanks great advice but not sure how to do a spiral that is new to me send info on that if you can, My trainwreck is going to be a problem in that I know! but the LA Women and Roadrunner should be good higth wise (I think)!

I know the roadrunner is a female she has buds forming an nicely to, the trainwreck I also know is a female as she was cloned from a she'la, Indoor growing is a bit of a bitch to me and my outdoor plants I just let them grow Baby, but I do fem them so they stay under 6'ft tall but grow wide and in that I can get a pound out one plant.

But indoor well there's the twist, maybe if I fem (top) the trainwreck I can lose some higth doing that, they all are in 12/12 but the LA women isn't showing any signs of flowering so far been about 2 weeks in 12/12, and the trainwreck is starting to show flowering so those to I think will go long to in flowering to harvest.

Here's my own little bit of a news to report, I talked to a person who works at a collective or should say while I was there, what I was told is that the collectives are trying to drive the growers prices down, so they can lower their price to the members, but all I know it is growing indoors is way more expensive than an outdoor grow any day of the week! and to try to drive prices down during the winter season shit while the power company is driving electrical prices up like in calif, well this is a bit crazy.

I am sure their are those who can handle donating at lower prices, but if your growing to donate besure to do your math on this before donating to a collective that is trying to drive prices down because in my book if I can't make back at the least what it cost me for the nutrients and electrical and just a little of the time required to care for them then I would rather smoke all of what I grow rather than donate for less than what it cost me to grow a high quality product, I know and you know where this goes to! they get the growers to lower the wholesale price only to rise the sales prices back up a few months later once they set what they will purchase at in rock (watch and see)!

Then sometime in the future some big ass group of growers will come together and will make a push in Washington DC to keep people (you & me) from growing in their homes.

Here's my own little bit of a news to report, I talked to a person who works at a collective or should say while I was there, what I was told is that the collectives are trying to drive the growers prices down, so they can lower their price to the members, but all I know it is growing indoors is way more expensive than an outdoor grow any day of the week! and to try to drive prices down during the winter season shit while the power company is driving electrical prices up like in calif, well this is a bit crazy.

I am sure their are those who can handle donating at lower prices, but if your growing to donate besure to do your math on this before donating to a collective that is trying to drive prices down because in my book if I can't make back at the least what it cost me for the nutrients and electrical and just a little of the time required to care for them then I would rather smoke all of what I grow rather than donate for less than what it cost me to grow a high quality product, I know and you know where this goes to! they get the growers to lower the wholesale price only to rise the sales prices back up a few months later once they set what they will purchase at in rock (watch and see)!

Then sometime in the future some big ass group of growers will come together and will make a push in Washington DC to keep people (you & me) from growing in their homes.

You've hit the nail on the head, you know they will keep prices right where they are and just screw us out of it. Around here the dispensaries tell you all they will pay is $3500/lb, but then you talk to someone else in the business, I've just got hooked up with some pretty big time guys, and they sell for no less than $4500. It's pretty cutthroat out there and never trust anyone but yourself.

Face it, you and I can deal with each other and it would be cool, but they don't know you and don't give a damn. That's why we have to talk here, to scrub out all the bull and make sure we don't get ripped off!

Thanks great advice but not sure how to do a spiral that is new to me send info on that if you can, My trainwreck is going to be a problem in that I know! but the LA Women and Roadrunner should be good higth wise (I think)!

Most people who do LST keep the plant as flat as possible for various reasons and as the plant grows they just keep trying it down and letting it grow out horizontally and not vertically. But LST does not technically stop there as you can use it to shape the plant stalk and shoots however you want. You could grow the main stem out in a "S" shape paralleling the ground to achieve as many growth sites as possible within an area. Kind of like why there are so many fins on heat sinks, the more surface area you can fit the better...

With that in mind instead of doing a "flat" LST you could allow the main stem to continue to grow upward but force it to do so in an upward spiral path so that it doesn't bush out so much as to drown out the light for the neighboring plant. Mathematically speaking, in simple terms, say each spiral was 2" higher than the previous (just throwing a number out)...that means that if your spirals were 12" in diameter you could grow almost 38" of stem (circumference = 2 * pi * radius...or diameter * pi) for every 2" of height gained. This is not exact, just tossing some numbers out there to illustrate the idea :)

The only potential issue with a spiral is getting light to the growth in the center...or trim it out as it grows like people do with SCROGS.

Back
Top Bottom