Does this bud look ready?

TryingOui

Help - this is my first plant and the first set of live flowers I have ever seen. Haze Nist is supposed to flower between 9 - 11 weeks. She is between 6 and 7 (started flowering at the beginning of August outside on her own) Have read everything but this is my first real touch. Do I wait a few more weeks?

HazeMistFlowers_09-13-10.jpg

HazeMistCanopy-09-13-10.jpg

Appreciate any advice from you experienced growers out there. I have looked at the trichs and the pistils through a 10X lupe but have no basis to compare them to. Newbie quandry. :)

yea a little to early still give her a couple more weeks.I myself tend to wait till about 60 or 70 % of the hairs turn brown, Patience is the key to good smoke. looking good though ,congrats on your first plant

In my opinion, those buds could go a while longer. I don't see any hairs turning to speak of, they do look tasty though... give it the time it needs; it is totally worth it. If you are like me though, I start smelling them and almost can't help myself... LOL
Best of luck and, I'll be looking forward to some finished product shots!

Still a lot of new white hairs on that one you showed in closeup. That was a cola, so those below would be even less mature.

Have you heard of those scopes they sell at radio shack (and other places). Cheap little things, they have a light built in. You look at sections of the bud or leaf material in the bud with this scope.. You have to cut a small piece off as you need a stable platform. Many folk look at their trichomes to see if they are cloudy or clear. Opinions vary, so I will not even state my own, but a percentage of the trichomes need to be cloudy... but it is to personal taste.

The buds look great, but they will be fantastic when properly ripened. I would bet you have a couple of weeks to go. You are outdoors and many people wait until November to cut. Those people being those that prefer a very narcotic high.

Depends on where you live. If you expect rains you may be better to cut before they mold. It is tough on all of us that grow outdoor as when to cut. My people in NorCal last year had to build a rain canopy over their grow to keep the rain off.

I'd wait a lil' longer fersure man. looking good though keep it up!!! :yummy:

patience my friend! Watch the top and the bottom, i have a couple strains that mature bottom to top! others top to bottom! earlier is gonna give ya a buzzier high than full maturity would. full maturity really is the way to go for taste and stone! good job man! almost done, dont rush her.

Back
Top Bottom