Dolomite Lime?

mas100378

Hi all,

I am about to mix my soil, Fox Farm. I want to add dolomite and perlite, and maybe warrior. As far as dolomite lime, where do you buy this and what brands are out there? I went to my hydro store but they didnt have anything dolomite.

Thank you for your help!

Just be sure that it's not hydrated lime. :)

Thanks, it is just regular garden lime. I went to my hydro store and finally found it (the same one from hardware) and it was the same. It listed dolomite and the hardware dude said never use hydrated.

Hi all,

I am about to mix my soil, Fox Farm. I want to add dolomite and perlite, and maybe warrior. As far as dolomite lime, where do you buy this and what brands are out there? I went to my hydro store but they didnt have anything dolomite.

Thank you for your help!

Oh yeah you already found the garden lime...I like the espoma s garden lime , that sold at homedepot :D

It will be nice to add the warrior to the faxfarm along with perlite, thats way you will have a good medium to grow !

Happy growing and peace

Izoc

How do you tell the difference between ordinary garden lime, as sold in garden shops, dolomite lime, and hydrated lime?

I've not found anywhere that sells specifically Dolomite lime..perhaps online, but I have a problem ordering online.

I can get hold of the ordinary stuff -but just WHAT is the difference between them - esp lime and DOLOMITE lime?

Tks

How do you tell the difference between ordinary garden lime, as sold in garden shops, dolomite lime, and hydrated lime?

I've not found anywhere that sells specifically Dolomite lime..perhaps online, but I have a problem ordering online.

I can get hold of the ordinary stuff -but just WHAT is the difference between them - esp lime and DOLOMITE lime?

Tks

Garden lime is dolomitic (calcium carbonate) lime. If it's hydrated (calcium hydroxide), it will say so on the package.

HD

I found my dolomite lime at a hardware store. Hydrated I saw was at a nursery. Additionally, dolomite can be found at your local hydro shop.

Hope this helps. My ph is very stable now.

Tks

Back
Top Bottom