Dolomite Lime question

CP316

420 Member
Hi, I got some ph problem with my soil, and a lot of ppl saying I can use dolomitic limes to up my ph in the soil. I am just wondering if there is a specific brand of dolomitic limes to use or any brand is good? And how much should I put in the soil for 3-gallon pot?

it depends on the soil you begin with. If you are talking about the FFOF I think we talked about earlier, there is already quite a bit in there and adding more is going to knock that stuff right out of balance. If you continue to listen to the people online giving you bad advice, your first few grows are not going to go very well. Everyone has advice to give you, but not all are correct. Believe nothing online... verify what you can. You got to figure out who you can believe though... the folks giving you the bad advice about checking your runoff pH in soil, or someone with a couple of hundred followers and apparently well known and liked on the biggest cannabis forum in the world...

If you continue to listen to the people online giving you bad advice, you first few grows are not going to go very well. Everyone has advice to give you, but not all are correct. Believe nothing online... verify what you can. You got to figure out who you can believe though... the folks giving you the bad advice about checking your runoff pH in soil, or someone with a couple of hundred followers and apparently well known and liked on the biggest cannabis forum in the world...

Like them Facebook groups, oh man I see tons and tons of advice that falls somewhere between bad advice and flat out terminal advice :rofl: . I'm kind of a firm believer in folks chasing imaginary problems all over the place cause themselves more grief than if they just let it do what it wants to do and leave it the flip alone. Dirt and water and some sort of light will get you quite a ways all on their own.
Too many people expect "optimal" results right out of the gate ("oh look at that plant I saw online, why doesn't my first one look like that?") and it doesn't work like that (or rarely as anything possible). Same as the folks that think a "set feeding/watering schedule" is going to or should work (talking only soil grows that is), too many variables and also a variance by strain as to their likes/dislikes, you can get so much farther by learning to read what the plant is telling you, as that is all part of the learning process to say the least. Falls into my "I'd rather have a 1/2 oz of decent Flower than 4 zips of stuff that tastes like crap" , any and every day of the week ;):rofl:

Are the plants telling you it's a PH problem? Or is it based on something else. Most soils will buffer themselves up to a point, totally different than a "soil less medium", I've never measured the PH of my soil or even cared what it was for the last 3 years of growing, yeah I don't grow Monsters (I have low end Blurple lights that limit that to a point) but I grow decent stuff, and have yet had anything that smelled/tasted bad like some of the threads you see started around here from time to time (some probably are using too many chemicals and falling for that marketing crapola).

But that all just IMHO, and what do I know ;)

Back
Top Bottom