How much dolomite lime for 3 gallon pot

Virandell

Hi I wonder how much dolomite lime should I use for 3 gallon pot ? I use biobizz light mix soil the purpose of giving dolomite for me is calmag not pH as I am using cob light

if it were this easy everyone would load up their soil with tons of calcium and magnesium... the problem is that these will then have an interaction with other minerals and will lock them out. Study Mulders Chart of interactions for more information on this.
mulders-chart-e1465939603653.jpg

THis is why the calmag supplement has become so popular... it is actually better to add small amounts of these minerals when needed, rather than load the soil up with them.
Dolomite lime is generally used in very small amounts in soil so as to provide an upper level pH buffer.... it reacts to lower pH fluids so as to make them drift upwards. Too much lime can also mess up this relationship and can make your soil drift upwards in pH so quickly that you can skip out on needed nutrients.

if it were this easy everyone would load up their soil with tons of calcium and magnesium... the problem is that these will then have an interaction with other minerals and will lock them out. Study Mulders Chart of interactions for more information on this.
mulders-chart-e1465939603653.jpg

THis is why the calmag supplement has become so popular... it is actually better to add small amounts of these minerals when needed, rather than load the soil up with them.
Dolomite lime is generally used in very small amounts in soil so as to provide an upper level pH buffer.... it reacts to lower pH fluids so as to make them drift upwards. Too much lime can also mess up this relationship and can make your soil drift upwards in pH so quickly that you can skip out on needed nutrients.
Righty thanks alot I will stick then to epsom salt and water calcium soluble with vinegar :D

Back
Top Bottom