Dr. Krippling - Puff Puff Passout & Kripple Shock - Hydro RDWC - LED

Bamalabrat

Hello everyone. I said that I would make a journal for my third grow and this is it. It is in the veg stage at the moment and very early at that. The PPP is the second generation of clones. The Kripple Shock is from seed.

So Now lets get the basics out of the way

What strain is it? These are both Dr. Krippling strains. Puff Puff Passout and Kripple Shock
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? These are both hybrids PPP is mostly sativa and KS is mostly indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? PPP is in veg from clones and KS is in RR plugs that are in the grow buckets. They are 3 days since putting them in water. So they have not popped up as yet.
If in Veg... For how long? Just starting.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro recirculating deep water culture (RDWC)
Size of light? 3 x Advanced LED 350 XML
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? stays ~80 f
RH of Room/cab? ~ 62
PH of media or res? 5.8
Any Pests ? No
Type of Nutes used? Using AN Sensi pH perfect with all the supplements

Ok. If you have not followed my other two journals and have a question about my equipment, please just ask. If you did and you forgot, please just ask. If you have a question, ask it, if you have a comment then post it. Please keep it classy and on topic. If you want to debate or advocate, then please make your own journal and have it. If you are growing the same strains or have grown them, and you have pics, please share them.

I can not find any journals out there that are growing Dr. Krippling strains. IDK why not. I grew the PPP because of the advertised qualities of the smoke and I have to say that I agree with just about everything they said. If I get the same results on the KS, then Dr. Krippling seeds are a total win in my book. I will not be posting a whole lot of pics during the veg. It is kind of boring. I will be vegging these another 5 - 6 weeks before moving them into the flower tent. I like to veg them for a week or two in the flower tent before flipping them to 12/12. So we probably have anywhere from 7 - 8 weeks of veg left. I know this means a pretty boring start to the grow, but there you go. It is what it is. :)

So enjoy and let me know what you think. Oh and here are some pics of where it stands right now. I transplanted the seeds to Rapid Rooter plugs today. The clones are about 6 weeks old but they have only been in the buckets for a week. I had them in a tub before that.
2016-01-30_10_40_34.jpg
2016-01-30_10_40_43.jpg
2016-01-28_15_13_52.jpg
2016-01-28_15_14_16.jpg
2016-01-28_15_14_29.jpg
2016-01-28_15_14_41.jpg
2016-01-28_15_14_46.jpg

re: Dr. Krippling Puff Puff Passout & Kripple Shock Hydro RDWC/LED

Also just want to say that, i soaked the RR plugs in water for 4 hours. I added some Canna Start to the water. just like 15 ml and then used the water with the Canna Start in the buckets for the seeds. I did not add any other nutes to the seed buckets. The clone buckets each have 15 mL of AN Sensi grow nutes in them. Giving them a PPM of 450. The seed buckets have a PPM of 30. haha yeah 30. I am using RO filtered water. So there you go. I like the Canna Start stuff. It worked really well in my opinion last summer when I was popping seeds for the first grow. So I am hopping that the stuff really works this time as well. :)

Another thing. The veg tent has T5 lights. A 4 bulb 2 ft long fixture. So there you go. Anything else please just ask. Also no the clones are not def or dieing. That is just what my clones look like when they come out of the clone tub. lol :)

re: Dr. Krippling - Puff Puff Passout & Kripple Shock - Hydro RDWC - LED

ALL aboard!!!!!

:) Welcome aboard brother FE! It would not feel right with out you!

Off to a good start man! nice set up! count me in.. :lot-o-toke:

Thanks Man. Glad to have you. The more the merrier plus more information get shared. I believe in the power of group think! lol :)

Are you running just one T5?

Yeah. Just the one. It is a 2 x 4 x 4 ft. tent. the light is basically a 23 x 18 inch light fixture. I should probably have gone with the 4 ft long one. But live and learn.

I appreciated FE's answer to my cloner question on his thread. Anyone interested in perpetual setups and cloning and rotation should really check out his journal. Anyone interested in just mad output from a perpetual master should check out Chronichemphog's journals. That is just my opinion. Love what those two guys are putting out. :)

Thank you for the Plug and kind words Bama! Anything i can share to help others I am always willing.... And Cronic's perpetual is mad sick. I am trying to emulate him other than now I run top feed...

Yah I did the same thing.. Bought the two footer.. and now this week I have a 4 coming...But I definitely always have a bunch of Veg stuff going so I felt it would really help me Veg faster.. Stronger... That being said that little 2 footer has served me well... But what made the decision for me was a while ago I was vegging on a 300 MHS and the plants definitely showed signs of liking it. They grew really well on that compared to the T5 2 foot. I think really all it does though is make veg times go up. T5's work well for veg and if positioned at right height they do well with no risks at all.
I went with the 4 footer as well because I can then save my 2 footer for a back up. Really ideal at this time would have been another 2 footer. Then both could be height adjusted separately.
That was the reason for 2 mars 400 lights and not the one 800 or 1200. Then I have some flexibility on height. I love the mars reflector but it has to stay at the top height with my current grow method. It is very long.

Just thought I'd get you thinking about it Bama for the future. you veg them all at same time so one big light probably would be fine. I know you will be coming into warm temps soon and things will slow down for you... Hopefully you can find a way to regulate temps this year and not need that break.!

:peace:

FE

Quick Update no pics:

The veg tent is looking pretty good. All 4 clones are looking 200% better than before. Which is pretty awesome considering last week I was thinking they may die. All 4 seeds have popped out of the cubes. 3 still have the seed shell attached and the 4th one has shed it but looks to have a damaged cotyldon. No big deal about them. by this weekend I expect to have the first set of true leaves on all four. Then it will be off to the races for them all. I will take some pics tomorrow and then some more at the end of the week. I do plan on training all 8 plants with topping and fluxing. So this week I will top the clones and will give the seedlings up to three nodes and then top them. that should be in 2 weeks. Have a good week and thanks for checking in. :)

I took a few clones from my number 1 WW it is the best looking one the nugs look so frosty compared to my other 3 ww. Hope they all grow to be beautiful ladies

Update,

Let me just get the bad news out of the way first. I have taken pics but can not download them. Having equipment problems. I am working on this issue. As soon as it is fixed, I will again post some pics. For now I shall have to just describe it as best I can.

The four clones are doing outstanding. They are a very healthy green, and have very nice growth. All have put on about 3 inches since going into the pots. The four seedlings not so much. Three of them still had shells covering the cotyldons today. I was able to remove them with out hurting the leaves. The other one shed it's shell a couple of days before but still has the cotyldons closed and not growing a central stem. Weirdness. I just checked on them and one of them is showing the first set of new leaves. Two others are looking normalish. lol. I know that is not a word, but I am coining a phrase. And the last one is still not opening up its cotyldons.

So, I really really hope the seedlings make it. I really need them to. It will suck having to veg them out in the flowering tent for a few weeks to get them to size. But it will suck even more to not have plants to put in the flowering tent. All in all the results are mixed. The clones look and are growing great, the seedlings are not. But at least they are not dead. :)

I hate not being able to post the pics for you guys. Veg is boring, and even more so with out some pics to look at. I will be getting back to normal soon I hope. :) Have a great week.

Ok I have the pics today. These were taken yesterday. Enjoy them. If anyone has any ideas about the seedlings and why they are acting funny, please speak up. I am open to suggestions and comments. Thanks and have a great weekend.

2016-02-04_15_20_45.jpg
2016-02-04_15_20_19.jpg
2016-02-04_15_20_13.jpg
2016-02-04_15_20_05.jpg
2016-02-04_15_20_00.jpg

Update time.

Bad news first. One of the seedlings did not make it. The last one to shed its shell. I have pics so you can see the sad little plant. The other 3 are growing well. I am top feeding them by taking a little bit of water from the bucket and pouring it over the RR plugs every other day. The clones are doing great. They got topped on Sunday and already have the new stems with leaves growing out of them. I am getting very close to start training them. I do plan on doing a defol on them next week as well. Possibly as early as this weekend.

I had to decide what to do about the empty bucket now that my seedling died. I thought about popping another KS seed but decided to go with a Green Crack seed from CKS. :) I just got those seeds and I really wanted to try it, so I popped into water yesterday. It has been about 25 hours since and the seed has still not sprouted a tap root. But it is sitting on the bottom so it should be good.

Now this has me thinking about popping my last PK seed. I could take out one of the PPP clones and replace it with a PK if I can get the seedling to survive. Of course I would wait until I was confident that the seedling would make it before pulling the clone. Please let me know what you guys think. I would then have 2 Dr. Krippling and 2 CKS strains growing for this grow. I am kind of liking that idea and kind of dreading doing that. So I am on the fence atm. I do however need to make a decision soon. Like tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. I will continue to think about it.

Anyway, enjoy the pics and have a great week. :)
2016-02-10_12_37_27.jpg
2016-02-10_12_37_38.jpg
2016-02-10_12_37_43.jpg
2016-02-10_12_37_50.jpg
2016-02-10_12_37_59.jpg
2016-02-10_12_38_04.jpg

I think you are over watering them is my opinion.. When I was using rock wool to do seeds I over watered early on an lost bunches of seeds. Then I started watering every 2nd or 3rd day and not an issue since.. now I dont use rockwool though ...I put the seeds after sprouted directly into the hydroton.

Just my two bits...

FE

Looking good. My next grow will be DWC I am sick of buying coco lol. It gets expensive. I would really like to know what you use to prevent root rot and algae from growing? And any other tips you have lol

Hey Stoney.

Well for right now root rot is not a concern. The res temps go from 56 - 66 F. But during the hot months I had to get a water chiller. They cost some serious money. It is the main reason why I am on a single res. I bought two of them, but the electric draw of the extra pumps and chiller was too much for my circuit. So I am on one res. Right now I use a fish tank water heater. lol. Those are cheap and do not work great, but it keeps the temps fairly stable over night for me. And then of course I have DM zone. So everytime I do a res dump I add just a bit to it. Not much right now but more in the summer.

For my veg tent, I do not have a problem so far. I had root rot last time, so I cleaned the buckets out and then cut all of the roots off. No crap, I took out my clipers and cut them all off. The roots came back big time. Super thick and super fast. So in veg, I dont worry about it so much. I look at least once a week. Just keep an eye on them. Do not be cheap on your air pumps. Buy the $30 dollar pumps. I went cheap on air pumps and water pumps and everyone of them died in less than three months. I bought the better ones and they have been going six months like champs. Just my opinion.

You will need a PPM and pH pen. You will. Just buy them and learn to use them. It is incredibly important in DWC grows. When designing your system, think how you will access the res and how are you going to dump and fill. Access, ease, and not hurting the plants. These are questions that need to be answered before you get started.

Get a water report from you local water source. I was able to get mine off of the web. My water was pretty good on PPM but had a 8.4 pH from the tap. I bought a RO filter and it is awesome. So, I would recommend DWC but you have to plan and monitor and adjust as necessary for you setup and style. :)

Hey Stoney.

Well for right now root rot is not a concern. The res temps go from 56 - 66 F. But during the hot months I had to get a water chiller. They cost some serious money. It is the main reason why I am on a single res. I bought two of them, but the electric draw of the extra pumps and chiller was too much for my circuit. So I am on one res. Right now I use a fish tank water heater. lol. Those are cheap and do not work great, but it keeps the temps fairly stable over night for me. And then of course I have DM zone. So everytime I do a res dump I add just a bit to it. Not much right now but more in the summer.

For my veg tent, I do not have a problem so far. I had root rot last time, so I cleaned the buckets out and then cut all of the roots off. No crap, I took out my clipers and cut them all off. The roots came back big time. Super thick and super fast. So in veg, I dont worry about it so much. I look at least once a week. Just keep an eye on them. Do not be cheap on your air pumps. Buy the $30 dollar pumps. I went cheap on air pumps and water pumps and everyone of them died in less than three months. I bought the better ones and they have been going six months like champs. Just my opinion.

You will need a PPM and pH pen. You will. Just buy them and learn to use them. It is incredibly important in DWC grows. When designing your system, think how you will access the res and how are you going to dump and fill. Access, ease, and not hurting the plants. These are questions that need to be answered before you get started.

Get a water report from you local water source. I was able to get mine off of the web. My water was pretty good on PPM but had a 8.4 pH from the tap. I bought a RO filter and it is awesome. So, I would recommend DWC but you have to plan and monitor and adjust as necessary for you setup and style. :)

Thanks for the advice and tips. I use coco now so I have about 4 ph Pens and 2 ppm pens lol. I don't see how someone can grow without them. I am really worried about root rot but I am going to make the jump I hate having to water everyday with the coco and don't want to go soil. They have these kits on Amazon for the DWC set up. Comes with bucket hose airstone pump and rockwool cubes. They cost 40-50 bucks for 1 I'm going to get 2 and do a test run with some green crack or train wreck auto. I have a pretty good understanding as to what I'm doing but lack the technique which will come in time. I will start a journal when I'm set up. I'm getting a new tent and a few mars 300w leds the 60x5s or maybe the pro epistar the little one. Anyway thanks again for the advice and tips.

Oh don't be swayed to the dark side. Why not continue on the coco and set up a res to do recirculating or drain to waste and auto feed those suckers. Coco is the easiest substrate to use in hydro. If you set up a good top feed right it can be maintenance free for up to 2 weeks... Check your ppm and ph and go away from it... I actually did pretty well with DWC and went to top feed with hydroton. I have debated coco as i would run it then drain to waste and only need like 2 -3 feedings a day so little consumption. Coco is as close to soil in my opinion with a bunch benefits.

If you have been using coco and it works then I would just enhance it. But DWC is really good too... Both are really great results so just being silly....

FE

Update time,

Ok the clones look fantastic. Really good and green with nice growth. The 3 seedlings are doing well and working on their 3rd set of leaves. The T5 light works. I should have a 4ft light but only have a 2ft. So the growth is not as dramatic as you get under LED. I have about 3 weeks before I move these plants to the flowering tent. They will be little shrubs at that time. And in 2 weeks under the LED they will triple in size. I should really get a LED for my veg tent. However because I veg for so long that would probably make them too big. Just something I am kicking around in my head.

The GC is still in a papertowel. It is growing out that tap root and should be ready for transplant to the bucket tonight or tomorrow. It will be very far behind the other plants but again, under an LED it will grow very fast. I will not flip these girls until that GC is at least 2 ft wide. When I take clones of these plants, I intend to grow mothers from them. I will keep one mother for each strain. I will then pop my last PK and hope that it lives and I can grow it out. For my summer grow I would like to have 2 plants for each of the strains: PPP, KS, PK, and GC. That would be a pretty cool sight. I also plan on getting another flower tent this summer and will probably grow out 2 strains per flower tent. It depends on so many different factors right now, that this is all speculation and wishful thinking on my part. LOL :)

Ok, here are some pics. I hope you guys enjoy them. There are none of the GC as it is still in a papertowel.
2016-02-14_08_43_12.jpg
2016-02-14_08_43_17.jpg
2016-02-14_08_43_23.jpg
2016-02-14_08_43_28.jpg

Back
Top Bottom