Droopy Leaves

Dankplant

Hey there!
This is my first hydro grow and i've been having some problems. First was a bad case of root rot, which was cured by adding a better air pump and bigger airstones. Now my leaves are starting to droop, especially the new growth. there's no yellowing leaves or any other problems that i can see. They're under a 400w hps, with a commercial grade air pump, as well as 2 walmart pumps running to the tub. I've been giving them General Organics GO series nutes (I know they're not designed for hydro but i had already bought them and they've been working great till now). any idea why my ladies aren't as perky as they once were?
1122030430b.jpg
1122030428a.jpg
1122030428.jpg

Re: Droopy Leaves:(

We need a little more info on the grow before we can take a stab at the problem.
Water temp
Ph
Ppm
Why the light is so high
Etc

The water temp has been around 65-70, i've kept the ph around 5.8. I don't have a meter to measure the ppm so i couldn't tell ya that. The light's about 18" from the tallest plant, and that's because i just switched from a CFL. I was told that it would work best to start it a little high and inch it down. I did recently clean the room with bleach water because there was a mold problem before i moved in, is it possible the fumes might have something to do with it?

Mmmmm that would have to be some pretty concentrated fumes lol.

Judging by the look of them it's either not enough oxygen in the water (your pump should be 1 watt per gallon water) or over fert. Babies that tiny dont need much nutes, if any. I'd replace your water with either straight dechlorinated tap water or RO water with a little cal/mag. LOTS of bubbles, NO nutes, and a couple days, they should perk up a little and start growing roots again. At this point add a LITTLE nutes, and slowly bring up the ppm over a few days.

And i suggest getting a cheap ppm meter off amazon. Well worth the investment, even if it only lasts a few grows.

Good luck!

Thanks ya'll! sorry it took so long for an update but here it is! they've been doing much better for the most part, one of the small one's is still kinda droopy but they're all exhibiting much new growth and appreciate your help!
1127030136.jpg
1127030137a.jpg
1127030137.jpg
1125032226.jpg

if you're interested check out my journal, link's in the sig ;) again, thank you all so much!

Lookin great man. Good to hear!
Glad i could help. I remember having every sort of problem in the book! This site helped me a lot and im glad i can return the favour now.

When it comes to dwc anyway haha

Back
Top Bottom